London, ON ~ June 14th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

AprilTwister

London, ON ~ June 14th

Post by AprilTwister »

I am still shaking my head over the events of last night. Assholery was out in full force... about 6 or so pathetic dumbass drunken amateur's who, when there weren't suckin' and spitting their disgusting tobacco, were prancing, jumping and slamming about ( yes, prancing is the word that describes it best ), touching themselves, grinding into this beyond loaded other man in front of them, decided to start heckling Patterson and, even after P-Hood said FUCK YOU, proceeded to toss something up on stage. All this in the first 30mins ~ yay. You see these assholes at some level at most shows... young dumbasses who drink way too much booze, all red faced and sweaty and proceed to act like a bunch of fucking jackasses. I know each and every show has it's fair share of assholes, but this was unbelievable. From a fans perspective, I was PISSED. My stomach was actually knotted thinking at any moment DBT was just gonna fuck this and walk off. You could not help but be distracted during the entire evening between what band was doing and what these idiots were doing. The venue had sold a limited amount of All Ages tickets and we were very thankful to be able to bring ours , they too, spent 50% of the time watching the stage and 50% watching those assholes. These idiots were screaming the entire night, holding on to each and jumping in the air spilling beer ~ one guy was rubbing his hands all over his body with his eyes closed and then dry humping the old drunk in front of him! WTF ? What kind of idiots are you people? You robbed us of a night we were so looking forward to. Our family was there to see the band and listen some face melting rock and you robbed us of that. We didn't want to have no choice but have to be distracted by your bullshit!

I have to hand it to Patterson and the band for putting up with that shit ( we had to deal with it beside us and one row back but the band had it in their face all night long ), sticking out the entire show and giving us an awesome encore. I even got the mic on People Who Died!!!!! yaaaaaaay!! And it was great to see blessedcurse and catch up for a bit. Also great seeing Craig rock it out with the band too :)

DBT, thanks for getting through it and delivering. To the JERKS last night, grow the fuck up or stay home next time.... you may have cost London from ever getting another DBT show. I'll even go so far as to reach out to any fellow 3DD member that might know these fuckers. Bind them and gag them next time you ever hear they might wanna hit up a show. Your help would be greatly appreciated and your evening of beverages on me.

Thank god for Toronto. Hopefully tonight show's will erase the douchebaggery in London from my brain.

As assholes usually do, their behavior was so all consuming that I almost neglected to mention how fantastic The Beauties were! WOW ~ high energy, great tunes and really enjoyable to listen too. We ALL thought they were great and am looking forward to doing a bit more research on them. They were lucky to have jackass free show...
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

Romobud

Re: London, ON ~ June 14th

Post by Romobud »

I've never seen anything like it. On top of everything you said already they were sniffing drugs off each others body parts. Kind of like tequila shots except sniffing drugs. I've never seen the band smile so little during a show. It really is too bad because it was a great performance considering. They played a few songs I never heard live before but I was so distracted from these idiots jumping on me and slapping my back. The best part was the when the crew guy with the long go-tee walked to the front row, stuck his finger in the biggest of the 6 and dared him act that way again. His language was a little more interesting and descriptive. The only problem was it was during the second song of the encore.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

where was the fucking security?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

The security guy was a joke.. the security he provided was walking AROUND them without evening looking at them ( from what I witnessed ) and certainly not saying anything!

One of the asshats finally got security Damon style and ya, I agree it was too late in the game but that's not Damon's responsibility.. the security guy in the black shirt that walked AROUND them at least 3 times that I saw, new they were being assholes and should have stepped up. When Damon was politely explaining to the douchebag how to conduct oneself at a concert ;) All of a sudden the sudo "security guy" appears besides him ~ hope he learned a thing or too.

The band was great despite the situation but let's face it.. it's a HUGE distraction when this kind of bullshit is going on for the fans AND the band. I was even more bummed because, and I'll be a wee bit selfish here, I really wanted to kids to have a great time and that situation was a real downer. Not often we get an opportunity to take our Cooley fan to a DBT show...

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Ugh. That sucks. Hopefully you won't have to put up with much of that the rest of your DBT week.

Nice to know that Damon brought the thunder down on at least one of the a-holes.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

BostonREB wrote:Ugh. That sucks. Hopefully you won't have to put up with much of that the rest of your DBT week.

Nice to know that Damon brought the thunder down on at least one of the a-holes.

When there is little else, you always have hope! :D

btw, my apologies if I've offended anyone with my numerous "f" bombs in my posting. I went back and re-read it and am a wee bit embarrasseed :oops:

As an explanation all I can offer is, when momma gets mad.....

It was a rant that could have used a little editing on my part.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Sounds awful. Sorry everyone had to deal with it.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

In no way do i doubt what you're saying, but WTF????!!!! Snorting drugs off bodies? Humping strangers? We've spent a lot of time in these parts trying to figure out where "the line" is when it comes to concert behavior, but nobody can doubt that this shit was way over any conceivable line. And the whole point of the line is that it should be clear when security is supposed to step in. There couldn't be any doubt in this case. Y'all ought to collectively demand your money back from management* (like seeing an out of focus or out of synch movie at the multiplex). Doesn't change what happened but it might get their attention and get them to beef up their staff or training or whatever the fuck went wrong.

That it happened in Canada is totally surprising to me (are stereotypes bad if they're positive?) so in a way I hope they were american douchebags on a road trip, counter intuitive as that may be, lol.

And yeah, April, what the fuck were u thinkin' w/ that fucking language? We're fucking sensitive around here, don't u fuckin know it?

*As long as it doesn't come out of the Truckers' share.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

April,

Like everyone else who has commented, I feel sorry for you and the others having to put up with this type of behavior at a show. (What a bad day for you -- having to put up with this crap on the same day you find out the same time you find out the Ottawa show is cancelled.) This really is inexcusable on the part of the venue and I would urge you and anyone else who was there to get in contact with them and read them the riot act. Hopefully, someone from the band side will also follow through on this.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Yeah I sympathize with all you guys and I know how those distractions can take you completely out of the rock show mood. I would bet that the wheels are already in motion for tighter security for the rest of the Canadian dates. I certainly hope so.
If you don't run you rust

duffyb

Post by duffyb »

PHood took a few guys to task at the Buffalo show for shoving women out of the front. He railed on them for several minutes through the mic after speaking with them at stage level (check the Buffalo thread). I'm surprised he didn't say more to these fools in London.

DBT shows do inspire a testosterone fueled, man party bit it's too bad there are idiots who feel they can act like out of control stupid rednecks and get away with it. They are sadly misinterpreting the message in the music. You guys should have formed your own posse and dealt with this.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

You guys should have formed your own posse and dealt with this.

I imagine the posse of April Twister, Penny Lane, Black Canary, Lurleen, OBL, Mrs. Swamp, and CooleyGirl to be a formidable gang. Sort'a like an expanded DBT version of Charlie's Angels... :)
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

GuitarManUpstairs wrote:
You guys should have formed your own posse and dealt with this.

I imagine the posse of April Twister, Penny Lane, Black Canary, Lurleen, OBL, Mrs. Swamp, and CooleyGirl to be a formidable gang. Sort'a like an expanded DBT version of Charlie's Angels... :)

Don't forget littlemamma & Smarty!

I wouldnt fuck with em
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Don't forget littlemamma & Smarty!

No doubt....also Never Going Back!
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

lynne

Post by lynne »

I am so sorry that those idiots ruined the show and your night. Hard to believe that anyone would act that way but I guess concerts do bring out the jerks. Sad thing is that they probably were not devoted DBT fans and do not understand how much we look forward to these shows. The worst I have ever encountered are the ones who bump into you repeatedly, spill drinks, and try to get up front when they were not there at the beginning; minor issues compared to your evening. And to ignore what Patterson has to say and then throw something? Unbelievable. What a sad commentary on how some people feel they are entitled to behave. I hope the rest of the Canada shows go smoother, both for the band and the fans!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Hey April,

That just sucks azz and not in a good way. Here's to the next shows and maybe they be azzhat free for everyone. Nothing worse than a few losers just irritating the crap out of everyone and security just stands there with their thumb up their azz with the "oh what me, am I suppose to do something?" look on their face.

So in essence the venue allowed this to happen and allowed it to conitnue, as soon as P got in involved security should have been on those guys like butter on toast!!! And dealt them a hand "get the fuck out" period!!!!

Here's to you guys having a much better face melting show!!! Rock on sista!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:That it happened in Canada is totally surprising to me (are stereotypes bad if they're positive?) so in a way I hope they were american douchebags on a road trip, counter intuitive as that may be, lol.

My image of Canadians is now shot all to hell. First this, then riots in Vancouver over losing the Stanley Cup. WTF? Eh?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

beantownbubba wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:That it happened in Canada is totally surprising to me (are stereotypes bad if they're positive?) so in a way I hope they were american douchebags on a road trip, counter intuitive as that may be, lol.

My image of Canadians is now shot all to hell. First this, then riots in Vancouver over losing the Stanley Cup. WTF? Eh?

That doesn't even make sense why damage your own city and fellow Canadians property???? Talk about poor sportsmanship, just fckn dreadful!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Truckerette
Location: I'm thinkin about you when I can and even sometimes when I can't, I do

Post by Truckerette »

One nice thing that happened at this concert that I don't think anyone mentioned yet was the shout out Patterson gave to Clarence Clemons as his intro to Mercy Buckets. Very cool.

I want to thank the Beauties and DBT for putting on an incredible show despite the distraction of a few dicks in the audience. I hope it doesn't stop you from coming back. Another venue next time perhaps, the security at the London Music Hall was utterly useless.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

How were the Beauties? I really liked their album, but I read a review of the Toronto show (I think) where the reviewer said the Beauties played great, but played too long and forced DBT back a half-hour...
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Truckerette
Location: I'm thinkin about you when I can and even sometimes when I can't, I do

Post by Truckerette »

I didn't know anything about the Beauties before Tuesday night - but I thought they were great. Really energetic, and they
thanked DBT several times for having them as their opener. Their set was about an hour long in London, and they were all out in the audience to watch the Trucker's show afterwards.

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

Smitty wrote:How were the Beauties? I really liked their album, but I read a review of the Toronto show (I think) where the reviewer said the Beauties played great, but played too long and forced DBT back a half-hour...

LOVED the Beauties Smitty! I hadn't heard of them either before Tuesday.. lots of fun to watch, completely energized, great music..in fact, Gretsch and I already decided to head back to TO some night just to see them again. That crazy rocker blessedcurse actually went to see them AFTER the DBT set at the Phoenix on Thursday.. they took the stage at the Dakota ( local TO bar ) 2am. :shock:

As far as the comments in the review, I think the band hit the stage all three nights ( London, TO, and Waterloo ) around the same time.. somwhere between 9.15 - 9.30. And I'm pretty sure it was the same set they played ( or very close to it ) each night - I didn't get the sense they played too long or held DBT up at all in Toronto. Each night seemed status quo IMO.