Georgia Theater Aug. 12 & 13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

GuitarManUpstairs

Re: Georgia Theater Aug. 12 & 13

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Me and teh Mrs. officially in for Friday!
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Tickets for the wife and I bought for both nights.
We're putting it in the "just in case" file for now. Travel plans are questionable, we'll have to figure that out later.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

GuitarManUpstairs

GW in IA wrote:Tickets for the wife and I bought for both nights.
We're putting it in the "just in case" file for now. Travel plans are questionable, we'll have to figure that out later.

Really hope you guys make it out! Hope to meet you there.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

GuitarManUpstairs wrote:
GW in IA wrote:Tickets for the wife and I bought for both nights.

Really hope you guys make it out! Hope to meet you there.

X2
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

bogart

Post by bogart »

us, too x 2!!! Yay, a halfway to Homecoming weekend!

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

BRING IT ON!

:twisted:

GuitarManUpstairs

Patterson says this is gonna be a doozy....CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!

jdwolf

Post by jdwolf »

In for Saturday! We think the hubby is working Friday night so we'll have to wait and see on that! Can't wait!!!!!!
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

Hotel deals for the shows:

Courtyard Athens Downtown
166 North Finley Street
Athens, Georgia 30601 USA
Phone: 1-706-369-7000
Rate: $79
http://cwp.marriott.com/ahncy/drivebytruckers/
Book through link or call in

HOTEL INDIGO UNIVERSITY AREA
500 COLLEGE AVENUE
ATHENS GA 30601 US
Phone: 1 706-546-0430
Rate: $109
http://www.athensdowntownhotel.com/
Call in to make reservations (Code: DBT)

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

Saturday night is SOLD OUT!!

Can't wait for the GATH to reopen and for these shows!! I also picked up tickets to Bela Fleck, Gillian Welch, and ARU - there are so many others I wanted to go to as well but I haven't won the lottery yet....maybe I should start buying some lottery tickets - that might increase my winning chances....

:mrgreen:

mimsmatthew95

Post by mimsmatthew95 »

Who's got two extra for Saturday?? I need them!! Shoot me an e-mail mimsmatthew95@yahoo.com.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

I'm pretty much in. But I have not gotten that permission slip filled out,yet.

GuitarManUpstairs

Couldn't find any actual pics of the new theater setup but this is on their page. Plus I'm getting pretty excited reading the following about their new sound system. Don't know how much of this is hype or what not but i cannot wait to find out!
http://www.georgiatheatre.com/allaccess.html

GATH Production Elements Chosen
Posted on February 20, 2011 by RicW
Hello all friends of the Georgia Theatre! My name is Ric Wallace and I’m the Production Manager for the Georgia Theatre and I want to post some facts about the production elements we will be installing! As the building progresses we are finalizing our choices for the PA and lighting systems and it’s very exciting. To say that the new equipment will be an upgrade from the old system is an understatement of major proportions. We are installing truly world class PA and lighting systems that will meet the riders of any artist in the world.

The PA will consist of 6-7 cabinets per side of the NEXO Geo-D10 speaker system. NEXO has become a world wide leader in high output, line source speaker systems. This particular cabinet has a single front firing 12″ speaker for mids, dual side firing 8″ long-throw speakers for low-frequencies and the most amazing part of NEXO’s three patented technologies, the Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource……I get a little sweaty just typing that….. which reproduces high frequencies.

“Where conventional waveguides use boundary walls and, occasionally, phase plugs to control the dispersion of
sound, a GEO wavesource uses an acoustic reflector, derived from a rigorous set of geometrical
transformations, for this purpose. GEO reflective wavesources are:
very accurate
capable of perfect array coupling
very compact
extremely versatile.”
In my 30+ years of doing live sound and recording music, I’ve never heard any speaker as warm and open sounding as this speaker system. The vocal reproduction is absolutely stunning.

The LF or sub-woofer cabinets are equally innovative in their design and function. To give you some background; low frequency waves are omni-directional or spherical when they are emitted by a “point source” speaker. This means there is nearly as much LF behind the speaker as there is in front of it. This is a bad situation for us sound guys. We don’t want any spurious LF sounds polluting our microphones onstage!
NEXO has developed a compact double 18″ subwoofer that is capable of emitting a cardioid shaped wavefront without any abnormal stacking or flying required.
The cardioid pattern produced removes the unwanted low frequency energy from the stage area and greatly increases the intelligibility of every instrument and vocal on the stage.

Next week I’m going to post some pictures of the the pressure-plots rendered by the NEXO software. These pressure plots allow us to “virtually fly” the PA system and measure it’s performance. That way we can predict the precise position where we need to “fly” the speaker system in order to achieve maximum coverage and performance.

Stay tuned for updates on the FOH equipment, the lighting and the monitor systems. We all need to thank Wil for having the foresight and intestinal fortitude to let me specify a system of such high quality and great expense…..it ain’t every club owner out there that would understand the importance of this purchase or spend this much money on a PA system. Thanks Wil!

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Looks like a done deal! We W's are both in for two nights. :D
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

The Black Canary

GW in IA wrote:Looks like a done deal! We W's are both in for two nights. :D

YEA X 10,000

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

Very few tickets are left for the Friday night show. If you are planning on going, best grab them today as there's a good chance it'll be a two night sell out by tomorrow.

J.

Well, that was fast. Friday is now SOLD OUT.

J.

mmmdawg

georgia theater

Post by mmmdawg »

I'm looking for tickets to Aug 12 and or 13 show. Last I saw it was sold out. Please let me know if u Ihave any for sale

Swamp

Re: georgia theater

Post by Swamp »

mmmdawg wrote:I'm looking for tickets to Aug 12 and or 13 show. Last I saw it was sold out. Please let me know if u Ihave any for sale

Welcome to the board!!! :lol:
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Clams

Post by Clams »

mmmdawg wrote:I'm looking for tickets to Aug 12 and or 13 show. Last I saw it was sold out. Please let me know if u Ihave any for sale

I heard there's good seats still available for Wilkes Barre.
If you don't run you rust

The Black Canary

Clams wrote:

I heard there's good seats still available for Wilkes Barre.

Clams you lookin' to be a stuffed mulask??? ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Damn It!! Got the go ahead and now tickets are sold out. Need 2 for Friday and 2 for Saturday........ SHoot me an email b_hatton@comcast.net

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

Large contingent of Wisconsin assholes are coming. Said assholes fucked up and missed out on Saturday tix. May have an extra for Friday, though. In any case we're rolling down and trusting that good fortune and the kindness of the world will produce the needed tickets.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Oh Christ! drtpants and his crewe?! Athens start hiding the women and children...
yo-bring my hat down biatch

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

drtpants wrote:Large contingent of Wisconsin assholes are coming. Said assholes fucked up and missed out on Saturday tix. May have an extra for Friday, though. In any case we're rolling down and trusting that good fortune and the kindness of the world will produce the needed tickets.

EXCELLENT!!! :D
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

drtpants wrote:Large contingent of Wisconsin assholes are coming. Said assholes fucked up and missed out on Saturday tix. May have an extra for Friday, though. In any case we're rolling down and trusting that good fortune and the kindness of the world will produce the needed tickets.

This is somehow both appropriate and inevitable. See you in the Classic City.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Black Canary

I see a lot of BWAHHAHAHAH coming our way !!! hey boys!!!!! see you in August and don't forget to bring your orifices with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I finally decided I could make these shows, only to find they are sold out. Need 2 for both nights. Looks like I'm not the only one. If anybody has to bail on these shows, keep me in mind please. Thanks.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

coolarmadillo

Post by coolarmadillo »

Need 2 tickets for Saturday night. Got a bunch of friends to buy tickets and it was sold out by the time I could. D'oh! Any leads on Saturday tickets would be appreciated. Please email me at mjsprayberry@gmail.com if you have some tickets or know where I can find them.

Thanks,
Mike

DavidAHartsfield

Post by DavidAHartsfield »

Hey everyone, my wife and I are really wanting to go to the August 12th show, but we tried to get our tickets too late. Is there anyone out there that may have 2 extra tickets we can buy off of them? If so please please please let me know and I would be so grateful if we could buy them. I have been wanting to attend an Athens show for years now but never got an opportunity, so it would mean the world to me if we could. Thank you so much,
David

BoomerIII

Post by BoomerIII »

According to DBT's website, it says Centro-Matic is opening both nights...awesome.