Flaw

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Flaw

Post by Smitty »

Was just reading some comments on another site about the song "3 Dimes Down", and someone stated something that I've never thought of; the song has a major plothole.
Corvettes don't have backseats.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Maluca3

Re: Flaw

Post by Maluca3 »

Didn't the old (like 1960s) stingrays have a half-assed back seat? I remember being a kid and my uncle giving me and my grandma's Newfie a ride in his, and the dog definitely sat in the back.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Ford's Thunderbird outsold the Corvette by laughable margins from its first appearance in 1955, and when it became a four-seater in 1958, the T-Bird's sales doubled. So Chevy general manager Ed Cole began considering a four-seat Corvette. Saner minds prevailed-hell, even Chevy's sales promotion manager, usually the last guy to object to this sort of silliness, thought the idea stunk, and said so. But as the radically different '63 Corvette neared its debut, Cole had another four-seat prototype built. One day, GM president Jack Gordon was brought by Styling to have a look. He examined the four-seater, and curious about its roominess, climbed into the back seat. But when the six-foot-two Gordon decided to get out, the front-seat latch broke and the seatback wouldn't flip forward. Help! The boss is trapped! Gordon was extracted and lived to tell the tale, although the subject of a four-seat Vette was never revisited.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/02q3/corvette_highs_and_lows-feature
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Some more research yeilded that Yenko Chevrolet made a custom backseat for corvettes that would seat three children. Some adult male tried to sit back there and said no way.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

"While chicken wing puke eats the candy apple red off the Lexus" doesn't quite have the same punch. So we give Cooley some artistic license here.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beergut

Post by beergut »

Perhaps a wagon?
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

RevMatt wrote:"While chicken wing puke eats the candy apple red off the Lexus" doesn't quite have the same punch. So we give Cooley some artistic license here.

How about "While chicken wing puke eats the candy apple red off the Cobalt"?

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

These days it's probably more like "While Happy Meal puke eats the candy apple red off the mini-van".
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

BigTom wrote:These days it's probably more like "While Happy Meal puke eats the candy apple red off the mini-van".

Yeah but these days the doublemint twins aren't hanging on by a thin belt loop, either. At least i assume they're not.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

the belt loop isn't thin enough. :(
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

n.danger

Post by n.danger »

Smitty wrote:...comments on another site about the song "3 Dimes Down", and someone stated something that ...the song has a major plothole.
Corvettes don't have backseats.

Fuckin' party poopers.