An idea - limited edition live box set..

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tyler
Site Admin

An idea - limited edition live box set..

Post by Tyler »

Alabama Ass Whuppin' what take 3 sides of vinyl + one track on the 4th side. How about a limited edition box set , containing all of AAW, plus another 2.75 sides of unreleased material (I'm assuming the have more material from the shows recorded for AAW). Press up a numbered run of 1000, sell it for $50 a pop..

Steve French

Re: An idea - limited edition live box set..

Post by Steve French »

Given the requirements for album art, liner notes, pressing, storing, transporting and (maybe) mastering, you might find they're a loss leader at $50.

I'd buy it, obviously, but still
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Sub

Post by Sub »

They'd probably be up for something similar but not with AAW I'd see them doing a whole new thing for a project like this since so much has changed. DBT just seems more like a band in the present rather then a band stuck in the past.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

plus it would be much easier to get better quality on modern gear.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

My dream collection would be a multi-disc box spanning their entire career.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Smitty wrote:My dream collection would be a multi-disc box spanning their entire career.

And I want them to put my recording of them doing That's How I Got To Memphis by Tom T-Hall from an early aughts sound check on the rarities disc of the box set which would be like say disc 6. Comments after the song are priceless as well.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

mark lynn wrote:
Smitty wrote:My dream collection would be a multi-disc box spanning their entire career.

And I want them to put my recording of them doing That's How I Got To Memphis by Tom T-Hall from an early aughts sound check on the rarities disc of the box set which would be like say disc 6. Comments after the song are priceless as well.

So do I.
Is it cool to put soundchecks on LMA? :D
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Smitty wrote:
Is it cool to put soundchecks on LMA? :D

No
Always go to the show

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

You mean like this?

"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Sub wrote:They'd probably be up for something similar but not with AAW I'd see them doing a whole new thing for a project like this since so much has changed. DBT just seems more like a band in the present rather then a band stuck in the past.

I'd really prefer the early material - as a collector's item. I certainly prefer the current incarnation, but there's something to the sound of the band back then - they were still trying to make it, instead of touring places they've been selling out for years in a high-end tour bus.

That's not a knock on the guys at all - it's natural that the rough edges get smoothed out over the years, and the bands better for it.... but the rough edges can be pretty darn interesting sometimes in and of themeselves.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

dogstar wrote:

You mean like this?

It would be much easier for DBT, as I doubt they'd be as precious as to go in and record a load of overdubs to cover up mistakes, or even edit out half of a song. Backstreets on that set is spliced together, the whole middle segment, Sad Eyes, is missing.