DBT and mowing don't mix

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mhc

DBT and mowing don't mix

Post by mhc »

Man, I forgot how much fun it was to ride the riding mower and Cooley cranking out Marry Me. Almost took out my wife's shrubs in the back tonight.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

beantownbubba

Re: DBT and mowing don't mix

Post by beantownbubba »

mhc wrote:Man, I forgot how much fun it was to ride the riding mower and Cooley cranking out Marry Me. Almost took out my wife's shrubs in the back tonight.

Sounds to me like DBT and mowing mix very well :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

I don't (can't) cut the grass without DBT! Nothing else can get me to do it. :D

Two of my favorite grass-cutting playslists are Smitty's Airplane Screams and that Southern Cousins acoustic (and beautifully sauced) show.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I don't have a riding mower but I do listen to DBT on the ol' ipod whenever I cut the grass. Haven't cut it yet this year, but it's almost that time.
If you don't run you rust

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

how loud do ya'll have to crank your ipods to hear over the din of your mowers? even with good noise cancelling ear buds, i have to turn it up so loud that my ears are ringing for hours after my chores are done. personal preference, i like myu ear ringing to be post rawk show.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I always have DBT on the iPod when doing my yard. My go to's are BAAC and BTCD. Last weekend I did Alabama Ass Whuppin.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Fool No Where wrote:how loud do ya'll have to crank your ipods to hear over the din of your mowers?

loud
If you don't run you rust

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Fool No Where wrote:how loud do ya'll have to crank your ipods to hear over the din of your mowers?

What?

mhc

Post by mhc »

Mine goes to 11
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

lajakesdad wrote:I always have DBT on the iPod when doing my yard.

I bought a pair of "earmuffs" that have a radio and an ipod jack. I look like a dork walking around my yard, but totally worth it. I do work at a golf course in the summer though too.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

gawjus.

Lester on the Make

Post by Lester on the Make »

I played alabama ass whuppin when I mowed my grass last weekend! I used to listen to Dirty South when I went to the gym, but I hate going to the gym, so I started associating my fave dbt album with pain and dread, which might be appropriate

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I mowed lawns for a year back in 07-08. Some days we'd be at it for 15 hours. I listened to a LOT of DBT in those days. First time I ever heard PD and GB was on a mower.

Lester on the Make

Post by Lester on the Make »

Mowed to Pizza Deliverance this afternoon. Worked out to the Hold Steady :D

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

mhc wrote:Man, I forgot how much fun it was to ride the riding mower and Cooley cranking out Marry Me. Almost took out my wife's shrubs in the back tonight.

One afternoon I smoked a big ole joint and put on TDS and I am cruising on an ole red snapper. I was so stoned and into the album that I looked down during Never gonna change and I never turned the damn blade on. I got pissed off, finished the album with the blade still off, parked that sonabitch and cut the yard the next day.

colodogdoc

Post by colodogdoc »

One afternoon I smoked a big ole joint and put on TDS and I am cruising on an ole red snapper. I was so stoned and into the album that I looked down during Never gonna change and I never turned the damn blade on. I got pissed off, finished the album with the blade still off, parked that sonabitch and cut the yard the next day.[/quote]

That is so many kinds of awesome!

It's not time for yard-mowing here in Colorado yet, but we are still skiing. Yesterday the conditions were amazing - 40 degrees at the bottom and steady snow all day resulting in about 2 inches of powder and lift lines were non-existent. For Christmas last year I got a helmet that is wired for sound - you plug your music in and it plays into the ear pieces. I have a DBT playlist just for skiing - all of the loud, kick-ass stuff that gets you grooving down the mountain. Yesterday I was about half-way down a great run when Birthday Boy came on. That is one fine song to ski balls out to, just saying. Probably works well for mowing as well.

Happy spring, everyone, whether there's snow or sun where you are!
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

njMark

Post by njMark »

I live in apartment so the grass isn't mine to cut but whenever I am at work the ipod is in my ears and the DBT's are on shuffle, I can tell ya they go very well with wastewater work, not that I'm comparing them to sewerage but that they are the only thing in the plant that doesn't stink or cause the old gag reflex to kick in.