DBT tracks #47, "Hell No I Ain't Happy"

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: DBT tracks #47, "Hell No I Ain't Happy"

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:About a month ago I borrowed one of Bryan’s (my father in law’s) cars for a fourteen hour road trip. Long story short the car broke down about four hours from where we live but happened to fortunately occur in a friend’s town. I left the car at my friend’s house and rented a car for the remainder of my trip. Fast forward a month and Bryan and I needed to retrieve said vehicle. We like each other, but this was neither of our ideas of a fun Saturday.

After a four hour Saturday drive, Bryan managed to repair the car after a couple of hours, and after a quick lunch we were on the road for another four hour pm drive. FUN! About thee hours into the return drive, the recently repaired car overheated and was broken agian. Despite his valiant efforts earlier in the day, Bryan called a tow truck for an expensive (over an hour) tow. Bryan and I had both had a long, shit filled day, and we were pretty pissy and honestly were happy with neither each other nor the entire situation!

Neither of us talked much the last hour of the drive, but about ten minutes before arriving home Hell No was playing on the car stereo. After a couple of bars, we were singing loudly (out of tune of course) but were good friends agian!
The healing power of DB T. Cf. Knoxville Girl's "cult" post. :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

MAJOR bump.

I always wondered (and perhaps you did too) if the line One Night In Kansas City We Thought About Killin' A Man was based on real events or if it were merely poetic license on the part of the author. In Patterson's live stream last night (9/2) someone asked and although he didn't tell the details of the event he did say that it was a real thing and it was ugly...like almost killing a man would be.

The More You Know...
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 am
MAJOR bump.

I always wondered (and perhaps you did too) if the line One Night In Kansas City We Thought About Killin' A Man was based on real events or if it were merely poetic license on the part of the author. In Patterson's live stream last night (9/2) someone asked and although he didn't tell the details of the event he did say that it was a real thing and it was ugly...like almost killing a man would be.

The More You Know...
Yeah, that was most interesting, very cool and really spooky. Looking forward to hearing the deets somewhere down the line.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard