What's Up in the Pacific NW?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

What's Up in the Pacific NW?

Post by beantownbubba »

Do they have the internet out there in God's, i mean Bill Gates's, country? How can there be all these shows going on out there w/out anyone on 3DD being involved and reporting? Wasn't there a show last nite? An in-store today? A show coming up tonite? I know Sub can't make the OR shows and i don't know of anyone else out that way. Will we hear nothing more 'til Denver? :shock:

Not a very impressive performance by our nocal brothers and sisters, at least for the OR shows.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Sub

Re: What's Up in the Pacific NW?

Post by Sub »

Sadly I'm probably the only poster here in this area. Who knows though maybe there is some shy lurkers.

brknarw

Post by brknarw »

Jesus, I has NO idea that Pat and Jay were at Music Millenium today. Goddamnit, those in-stores are the best. Bummed I missed it. Headed over to the Wonder in a few minutes, though. Ahhh, its show day.

Ray

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Hey Bubba, I do my best to represent. ;)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

bovine knievel wrote:Hey Bubba, I do my best to represent. ;)

Head north, young man. Too late for Oregon, but WA and BC (the place, not the person) are straight ahead!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:Hey Bubba, I do my best to represent. ;)

Head north, young man. Too late for Oregon, but WA and BC (the place, not the person) are straight ahead!

I'm heading east for Denver :mrgreen:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

SouthernFriedCanuck

Post by SouthernFriedCanuck »

I'm going to the sold out Vancouver show tonight with pen and paper in hand. Set list and review to come from me as usual. I agree though, not much in terms of other reports from the PacNorWest. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in previous Seattle and Vancouver shows, not too much happening in the way of tapers. Gotta get there early and get my Wes poster:............damn!! I don't know how to add an image :oops:
"It's fucking great to be alive!"

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

SouthernFriedCanuck wrote:I'm going to the sold out Vancouver show tonight with pen and paper in hand. Set list and review to come from me as usual. I agree though, not much in terms of other reports from the PacNorWest. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in previous Seattle and Vancouver shows, not too much happening in the way of tapers. Gotta get there early and get my Wes poster:............damn!! I don't know how to add an image :oops:

It's an awesome poster.

Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

SouthernFriedCanuck

Yaaaaaaaaa BABY!!! That's the one! Thanks BigTom!! Haha, A Sasquatch in pink gogo boots. I love it!!

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

'Didn't a 9b poster named Blue Light come from up that direction?
I could be wrong.

SouthernFriedCanuck

You are correct. I met him at a Seattle show, at the Showbox SoDo. Nice guy.

SouthernFriedCanuck

Dammit, self-doubt and dying brain cells have filled me with unease. I think it was blue light I met........fuck.........sometimes I can be dumb......

SouthernFriedCanuck

Just checked blue light's profile, nope, wasn't him I met. Sorry for wastin evryone's time. :oops:

jwolf

Post by jwolf »

I pedaled over to the Eugene show on Wednesday and I LOVED it. Unfortunately, I am not a set list person, so I can't give you that, but I was excited. I've only seen them 2 other times and I was really impressed with this show. Maybe it was the intimate venue, the fact that I could easily dance up front, or that I like the new cd and am familiar with it or that they let you take your drinks into the show from the bar, but they were on their game. It seemed like they were tighter, more comfortable with playing in front of an audience then the last times I saw them. They opened with Carl Perkins Cadillac. I don't know a lot of song titles, but I'm pretty sure they did Dead Drunk and Naked, Let There be Rock, Shut up and Get on the Plane, Used to Be a Cop, and Asshole. Wish I could be more helpful!

northwest trucker

Post by northwest trucker »

Just got back home to the Seatle area from Portland via the train. Here's the set list:

I Do Believe
Marry Me
Go Go Boots
Cartoon Gold
My Sweet Anette
Nine Bullets
Pulaski
Dancing Ricky
Everybody Needs Love
One of these Days
Mercy Buckets
Birthday boy
Fireplace Poker
Gravity's Gone
Life in the factory
Uncle Frank
All Night Long
Hell no I ain't Happy
E. Where's Eddie
Used to be a cop
Pin hits the shell
Get Downtown
Drag the Lake
Zip City
Let there be Rock

Some asshole pissed Patterson off when Shonna was singing Eddie, after the song he chewed his ass off, kicked him out and said they were playing long cause of him, played till a little after 1 a.m. . Gotta get to work but will review if time today of after the Showbox show tomight. Anybody on here going to the Showbox?

northwest trucker

oops.....all night long, three dimes down, hell no....

Blue Light

Post by Blue Light »

Hey, Canuck, good news! Your mind ain't as shot as you think. It is me you met (I think at the Rock-n-Roll Means Well show at the Showbox SoDo). That pic on my profile is Ronnie Van Zant. Whenever I post mine, I get a bunch of female solicitations. :lol: I was at Saturday's Seattle show and it ROCKED. Sorry I don't have a set list (they opened with Used To Be A Cop), but it struck me as more rock than anything. The Showbox was sold out. Minor disturbance up front, late on. Patterson asked that people not be "meatheads". Said he would just as soon go home than be in a "meathead situation". Said meathead was ushered out (wasn't me!). Anyhow, yes there are DBT fans up in the PNW. And the vast majority of us aren't meatheads.

redstains

Post by redstains »

just joined this here. sorry, don't collect set lists, but they played from every album, including a lot of favorites. i believe this was the first time i saw them that they didn't close with people who died. closed with let there be rock. opened with used to be a cop. encore opened with dancing ricky. also did the night gg allin came to town in the encore. no covers other than the two eddie hinton songs from go go boots.

it's unfortunate that meatheads had to get kicked out of portland and seattle shows, but i can back up blue light about us not all being so.

love the wes freed sasquatch poster.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Apparently one of the idiots thrown out of the Portland show was a regular with a sense of entitlement. My buddy who just moved there (and got a DBT rock show in his first week in town) said that Patterson said something along the lines of "I don't care who you know or how many shows you've beeen to!"

Hood is one guy I would NOT want to get on the wrong side of...

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Monty610 wrote:Apparently one of the idiots thrown out of the Portland show was a regular with a sense of entitlement. My buddy who just moved there (and got a DBT rock show in his first week in town) said that Patterson said something along the lines of "I don't care who you know or how many shows you've beeen to!"

Hood is one guy I would NOT want to get on the wrong side of...

It seems more than fair that everyone should have to follow the same rules.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Sub

Post by Sub »

Probably why we get so few shows out here, really pisses me off hearing about that kind of shit.

SouthernFriedCanuck

Hey Blue Light, I WAS pretty sure that it was you I had met. Glad my mind's not as shot as I thought. Although, I still feel pretty stupid for not recognizing Mr. Van Zant.

Too bad about the meatheads at the other shows. Luckily we had none in Vancouver. Unfortunately they exist everywhere. I had a problem some years back with an idiot at a mellow Cowboy Junkies show of all places. Just gotta keep dealing with 'em.

Cheers!

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Well, I have a buddy from AL that lives up in WA near OR on the Columbia. I have been working on him for a while. I don't think he made any shows though, trying to keep a low profile with new job, kid, wife, etc.

He said he was the only Auburn fan in the bar for the college football championship. Guess he had the last laugh. (RTR)

Clams

Post by Clams »

So it appears 3dd is unrepresented in Montana and Idaho.
If you don't run you rust

northwest trucker

I was able to make the Portland and Seattle shows, my quick review of both. They both were 26 songs, Portland was a half hour longer, playing till 1 a.m. Both shows were packed and I was 3 deep in front of Cooley at Portland and 6 deep in front of Cooley at Seattle. Didn't see the asshole in Portland that got kicked out, but was right in the middle of the Seattle "meatheads". They were shoving each other and knocking into people, just being total assholes, but they were finally kicked out, and all was good. I really think all the new stuff sounded real good, at both shows Shonna seemed somewhat uncomfortable on Ricky, but I thought sounded great on Eddie. The Portland encore was great, Shonna sounded great on Eddie, really wanted to hear Pin Hits the Shell, and the Drag the Lake was incredible, right into Zip and Let there be Rock. Seattle encore was real fun with Weakest Man, Panties and G.G. Allin, a real good Hell No, and the same finish with Zip and Let there be Rock. Both shows were great and it was good to have them back in the NW, and hopefully the assholes will stay away next time.

Wonder Ballroom, Portland

1. I Do Believe
2. Marry Me
3. Go-Go Boots
4. Cartoon Gold
5. My Sweet Annette
6. Nine Bullets
7. Pulaski, Tennessee
8. Dancing Ricky
9. Everybody Needs Love
10. One Of These Days
11. Mercy Buckets