Reno streaming 12:15 ET tonight

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mgsooner

Re: Reno streaming 12:15 ET tonight

Post by mgsooner »

ooooooooooh shit

TheGhostToMost

Post by TheGhostToMost »

mgsooner wrote:
TheGhostToMost wrote:Oh man ! The Fourth Night Of My Drinking ! I have never got to see that one live.. As long as they are on the Big To Do, let's hear some Drag The Lake Charlie

you rang?

I must have ESP tonight.. Somehow I've called several.. lol.. Let's see ... How about My Sweet Annette ???
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

TheGhostToMost wrote:
mgsooner wrote:
TheGhostToMost wrote:Oh man ! The Fourth Night Of My Drinking ! I have never got to see that one live.. As long as they are on the Big To Do, let's hear some Drag The Lake Charlie

you rang?

I must have ESP tonight.. Somehow I've called several.. lol.. Let's see ... How about My Sweet Annette ???

Amen on that let's hope your streak continues

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

I need to go to sleep but am hoping for a Mercy Buckets in the encore....can't leave now....

Great show! Two thumbs up to the knitting factory for the stream!

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

d-b-t
d-b-t
d-b-t
d-b-t

ajolie101

Post by ajolie101 »

LONG GOAT TEE!! lol

Nobody Girl

Post by Nobody Girl »

mgsooner wrote:"i had my dick in my hand" ahahaha nice one PH

:lol: Glad someone else heard that, too. I had convinced myself I was hearing things...

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

was that a beer shower? classy

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

great thing about Nevada...
no 2am bar curfew.
Would love to hear Mercy Buckets,
song gets me everytime!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

I saw that too! Shame to waste a beer like that!

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Neff...damn

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

PeterG wrote:great thing about Nevada...
no 2am bar curfew.
Would love to hear Mercy Buckets,
song gets me everytime!

boom

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

The Avon Lady wrote:I need to go to sleep but am hoping for a Mercy Buckets in the encore....can't leave now....

Great show! Two thumbs up to the knitting factory for the stream!

Glad you stuck around...
this song is too freakin good.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

The best rockin love song!

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

this song should be FM Gold if anyone listened to the radio anymore...

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

zip

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Had Zip in my post b4 the encore,
but thought it'd be asking for too much...
too much is never enough when it's the DBT!

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Well this has got to be it guys and gals...it's been a good one

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

watching the replay--nice
Always go to the show

shizzer

Post by shizzer »

yeah Cooley dropped a line. Shonna dropped a line. Shonna's vocals are not sounding good live IMO. Disappointing because they are so good on the cuts from the studio. Doesn't even make an attempt to hit the best two notes in Dancing Ricky. Oh well, thought the show was good. I liked the setlist better than Saturday night at the Vic in Chicago.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

shizzer wrote:yeah Cooley dropped a line. Shonna dropped a line. Shonna's vocals are not sounding good live IMO. Disappointing because they are so good on the cuts from the studio. Doesn't even make an attempt to hit the best two notes in Dancing Ricky. Oh well, thought the show was good. I liked the setlist better than Saturday night at the Vic in Chicago.

Do you guys have a setlist for this one? Busy at work and didn't get a chance to stream the show.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Cubfan06 wrote:
shizzer wrote:yeah Cooley dropped a line. Shonna dropped a line. Shonna's vocals are not sounding good live IMO. Disappointing because they are so good on the cuts from the studio. Doesn't even make an attempt to hit the best two notes in Dancing Ricky. Oh well, thought the show was good. I liked the setlist better than Saturday night at the Vic in Chicago.

Do you guys have a setlist for this one? Busy at work and didn't get a chance to stream the show.

this is what i got, think i'm missing a song or two:
Rays Automatic Weapon
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Go Go Boots
Cartoon gold
Box of spiders
Carl Perkins Cadillac
Feb 14
Women Without Whiskey
Tornadoes
Pulaski
Everybody Needs love
Birthday Boy
4th Night of My Drinking
3 dimes Down
Drag the Lake Charlie
get downtown
I Told You So
E:
Marry me
mercy Buckets
Zip City
LTBR

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

I've noticed this too... It's weird, because it seems like the better her studio stuff gets, the worse her live vocals are. Judging from the last few times I've seen the band, I think it's a confidence issue more than anything. She seems very hesitant and uncomfortable at the mic.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Duke Silver wrote:

I've noticed this too... It's weird, because it seems like the better her studio stuff gets, the worse her live vocals are. Judging from the last few times I've seen the band, I think it's a confidence issue more than anything. She seems very hesitant and uncomfortable at the mic.

Singing through a sound system is a skill you learn. The microphone is as much an instrument as a guitar. The only way to learn it is to play sets in clubs and to rehearse in a studio with a sound system. Shonna's kind of learned on the fly with one song a night while on the road. And she is playing bass while she sings. I've noticed that she prefers to stand near her amp rather than the monitors. But when she steps up to the mike she is away from her amp. This probably also has something to do with it.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Clams

Post by Clams »

fyi you can still watch this
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

RevMatt wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

Singing through a sound system is a skill you learn. The microphone is as much an instrument as a guitar. The only way to learn it is to play sets in clubs and to rehearse in a studio with a sound system. Shonna's kind of learned on the fly with one song a night while on the road. And she is playing bass while she sings. I've noticed that she prefers to stand near her amp rather than the monitors. But when she steps up to the mike she is away from her amp. This probably also has something to do with it.

You're right, it's definitely harder than it looks. I used to have a role similar to Shonna's in my old band (1-2 songs a night), and it was nearly impossible to get into any kind of groove that way... and that was in front of like 10 people on a good night. :lol: I suggested here a while back that she put a band together and play some solo shows between tours and was summarily dismissed.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

The encore was epic!
Keep calm and have a cigar

shizzer

Post by shizzer »

Ive seen her have some good live performances vocally. Saw her do You Got Another once when she played piano and sang and it was really good. There are a lot of youtube vids doing Purgatory Line and Houston (both my favorite Shonna tunes) and they sound really good. Seems to have just been an issue lately, but I could be wrong.

shizzer

Post by shizzer »

Also-are there a lot of DBT live shows that are streamed? How would I find out when they are happening. i got lucky and found out about this one.