Wilmington

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bogart

Wilmington

Post by bogart »

We're going to the Charleston show!!! I tried to get tickets for the Wilmington show and DBT site says pre-sale is sold out. Went to venue site, but find no information about tickets.

Does anyone know anything?

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Wilmington

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I'm love to know more about this myself. Hell, I didn't even know anything about the show itself until now.

mike28212

Post by mike28212 »

I can't find anything out either. I followed a few links but got no results. I finally got my time off from work approved for this. Naturally, I am now in panic mode that I won't have a ticket. haha
"I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed."

roland

Post by roland »

I got ours the day they went on sale. I've never been to the venue, but from what I understand it's a general admission amphitheater that holds 1000. Surely it didn't sell out in a week?

roland

Post by roland »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'm love to know more about this myself. Hell, I didn't even know anything about the show itself until now.

You need facebook, dude.

Kudzu Guillotine

roland wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'm love to know more about this myself. Hell, I didn't even know anything about the show itself until now.

You need facebook, dude.

I'm on Facecrack and still knew nothing of the show until I saw this thread. I'm on the DBTs mailing list, usually they send out a notice when new tour dates are announced. Maybe they did and I missed it somehow.

I went to the show there last Spring so yeah, I doubt it's sold out already.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Local radio station 98.3 'The penguin' are putting this on. I called them & they said tickets are not on sale yet. The early tickets on DBT site were all will call so I decided to wait.

They did this same deal last year, sold a few on DBT site and then they were not available, Then they went on sale locally. Some were released day of show.

Excellent venue! Get there early if the weather is warm, great place to spend the day.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

roland

Post by roland »

Never mind. How early do they open the place?

Hud

Post by Hud »

with a little searching I found Wilmington & Charleston tickets on sale here at etix.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/

here is a link Greenfield lake , the 5 mile bike path around is planted with tons of azaleas that will be in full bloom for the show. There are 2 Irish pubs within walking distance. If you have 4wd you can drive out on the north end of Carolina Beach ($20 per vehicle) and camp right on the beach, about 10 miles from the venue, check out the Fat Pelican if you in CB. Downtown WIlmington is about 2 miles (?) away from the venue if you want to hit the bars after the show which will probably be over at 11.

http://www.cfrw.us/greenfieldlake.html
Last edited by Hud on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kudzu Guillotine

Hud wrote:with a little searching I found Wilmington & Charleston tickets on sale here at etix.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/online

Thanks.

here is a link Greenfield lake

Hud wrote:http://www.cfrw.us/greenfieldlake.html

Here a couple of more links, unfortunately neither were very helpful in regards of where to buy tickets. I found this disclaimer on the City of Wilmington site but nowhere on either site does it provide a link for information on where you can actually buy tickets:

"The City of Wilmington operates the Greenfield Amphitheater. The City does not sell tickets to any of the events offered at the Amphitheater. Please contact the event promoter for ticket and show information."

http://www.ci.wilmington.nc.us/communit ... eater.aspx

http://www.greenfieldlakeamphitheater.com

mike28212

Post by mike28212 »

Hud wrote:with a little searching I found Wilmington & Charleston tickets on sale here at etix.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/

here is a link Greenfield lake , the 5 mile bike path around is planted with tons of azaleas that will be in full bloom for the show. There are 2 Irish pubs within walking distance. If you have 4wd you can drive out on the north end of Carolina Beach ($20 per vehicle) and camp right on the beach, about 10 miles from the venue, check out the Fat Pelican if you in CB. Downtown WIlmington is about 2 miles (?) away from the venue if you want to hit the bars after the show which will probably be over at 11.

http://www.cfrw.us/greenfieldlake.html

thanks for the info. my panic is subsiding now.

bogart

Post by bogart »

Thank you, Hud! I, too, was in panic mode. Now have my tickets!

Saw them there last year, as well. It was freeeeezing. But DBT love kept us warm.

See you at the rock show!

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

We have added more pre-sale tickets for Wilmington since they were sold out. Get 'em here:
http://drivebytruckers.baselineticketin ... &eid=60229
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

Hud

Post by Hud »

most of last years EXCELLENT show is on youtube,on a very cold 3/5/10. DBT came on after dark, none of the videos show much of the beautiful landscape that surrounds the stage. This video (Keller/Keels) shows more of the venue & was the same time of year (4/10) as this years rock show will be. It is one of the finest outdoor venues, with really great sound. I read it holds 900, not 1,100 as I previously posted....... last year did sale out.

You can now buy tickets locally at Gravity Records for $25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uCEv8888kY

mike28212

Post by mike28212 »

Anybody have a recommendation about lodging in Wilmington? I haven't been in years.

Hud

Post by Hud »

There is nothing within walking distance. The show will be over early (11?) so it all depends on what you want to do after. Do you want to be downtown(get's crazy there), Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach....The cheaper motels are on Market ST. There is an extended stay motel at the corner of Shipyard & Carolina Beach Road, a few miles away.

mike28212

Post by mike28212 »

Hud wrote:There is nothing within walking distance. The show will be over early (11?) so it all depends on what you want to do after. Do you want to be downtown(get's crazy there), Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach....The cheaper motels are on Market ST. There is an extended stay motel at the corner of Shipyard & Carolina Beach Road, a few miles away.

I didn't think about it ending early. Not sure what we will be getting into afterwards but will most likely need a place to stay for the night. I will talk to my friend that's going and see. Thanks for the info on the different options.

jwolf

Post by jwolf »

I went to college there, and just went back to visit this summer. Stayed at Jameson's on Market Street. It was nice and I got a great deal. Downtown is nicer to stay, but more expensive. If it was summer, then Wrightsville Beach is the place to be...

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Four days to go!

My 4th rawk show of the year, first since Athens...been too long.

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

So anyone know of any good places to eat/drink within walking distance of the place to preshow it at?
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

Hud

Post by Hud »

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-harp-wilmington

there is another Irish Pub also that is closer but I don't think it serves food. Greenfield Lake is going to beautiful this weekend, Azaleas are in full bloom. Plenty of places for a picnic.....& cooler for preshow..... you will want to be outside.

I would recommend going downtown for grub & a beer on the river, then pack a cooler & head to the amp to relax. Nikki's isn't on the river(front street), but has good food from gyros to sushi.There is a brew pub downtown...

Be sure to drive or walk around the lake, I think it's around 4 miles.....

Kudzu Guillotine

For anyone that's sticking around the next day, Gravity Records will be participating in Record Store Day.

wojo3211

Post by wojo3211 »

So what does everyone think of this venue? (for those that have been!) good sound, beer, vibe etc?

Kudzu Guillotine

wojo3211 wrote:So what does everyone think of this venue? (for those that have been!) good sound, beer, vibe etc?

I went to the show last year and really enjoyed it. I'd recently seen the Truckers up in Raleigh which wasn't a bad show by any stretch but they really seemed in their element in Wilmington playing for an audience, a bit off of the beaten path, that had been very supportive early on. That and the cool weather lent a certain looseness to the show that wasn't evident in Raleigh. If this year's concert is anything like last years', you're in for a real treat.

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

Hud wrote:http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-harp-wilmington

there is another Irish Pub also that is closer but I don't think it serves food. Greenfield Lake is going to beautiful this weekend, Azaleas are in full bloom. Plenty of places for a picnic.....& cooler for preshow..... you will want to be outside.

I would recommend going downtown for grub & a beer on the river, then pack a cooler & head to the amp to relax. Nikki's isn't on the river(front street), but has good food from gyros to sushi.There is a brew pub downtown...

Be sure to drive or walk around the lake, I think it's around 4 miles.....

Cool, thanks! My buddy works on N. Front St so i won't be that far from that area. Not sure exactly how much time i'd have to tailgate but that sounds like a good plan if i can.
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

roland

Post by roland »

Our buddies American Aquarium are playing an afterparty at The Soapbox downtown at 10 Friday night. I wonder what the cab situation in Wilmington is?

davedogg4

Post by davedogg4 »

Sold out! Does anyone have any tickets for sale? If so, please let me know at davemcdonald4@hotmail.com.

wojo3211

Post by wojo3211 »

I'm assuming that this show has probably an 11pm cerfew since it's in a public park and near residential areas? any info?

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I would assume so. Note the rather early 7PM start time.

Kudzu Guillotine

Just got a call from a friend in Wilmington that's listening to the soundcheck from the comfort of her backporch right now. I hate to miss it but will have to catch them the next time they swing through Raleigh.