Charlottesville curfew?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bgmckinney

Charlottesville curfew?

Post by bgmckinney »

Hi all. I'm new here.
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about curfew at the Pavilion in Cville... I'd love to go to the show, but I'd hate to think the Truckers might be constrained by an outdoor music curfew, especially after a late start following two openers. I've been to a show there before, but it started early. The venue website has no information and my google searches have been fruitless. Does anybody know anything more?
Thanks!
Brendan

lynne

Re: Charlottesville curfew?

Post by lynne »

I am going to call tomorrow to find out. That would truly suck if they were restricted by a curfew. My google search only showed that the Pavillion is not subject to the noise restrictions between 10pm and 6am that the city of Charlottesville has in place. Will post a response once I speak to someone at the venue.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

lynne

Post by lynne »

I called the venue to leave a message and someone actually answered. They have an 11 p.m. curfew. That just blows.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Good for the under 6 crowd, though :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bgmckinney

Post by bgmckinney »

Thanks for the info... that's really disappointing. After seeing them play til one in DC last weekend, I'm not thrilled about an eleven cutoff.

lynne

Post by lynne »

bgmckinney wrote:Thanks for the info... that's really disappointing. After seeing them play til one in DC last weekend, I'm not thrilled about an eleven cutoff.

Me neither. DC was awesome and 11 just doesnt seem like enough time.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Even though the show may be a tad shorter, being able to catch The Whigs and Dylan Leblanc makes it worth it.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Jeremy wrote:Even though the show may be a tad shorter, being able to catch The Whigs and Dylan Leblanc makes it worth it.

DAM STRAIGHT!!! and we can see where John Boy went to college ;)
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

lynne wrote:
bgmckinney wrote:Thanks for the info... that's really disappointing. After seeing them play til one in DC last weekend, I'm not thrilled about an eleven cutoff.

Me neither. DC was awesome and 11 just doesnt seem like enough time.

Yeah, but I'd imagine set times will be a lot earlier. Set times in DC were 8/10pm. Both nights if I recall correctly they really didn't step onto the stage until 10:30ish.

Not making it down there this time, would've really liked to have caught LeBlanc/Whigs though.