Two Night run Lexington Kentucky April 8th and 9th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mhc

Two Night run Lexington Kentucky April 8th and 9th

Post by mhc »

Just announced on Busters FB page.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!!
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

mikem

Re: Two Night run Lexington Kentucky April 8th and 9th

Post by mikem »

Any hotels walking distance?

mrs.clauskimono

Post by mrs.clauskimono »

Day's Motor Lodge. 1500 Versailles Rd. Lexington, KY 40504
If you guys are looking for "cheap" place to stay that is near the venue in Lexington, may I suggest this place. We negotiated the price with the owner and scored a room for 45$! Granted, it is no Taj Mahal, but it got the job done and the owner of the place even gave us a ride to and from Buster's! No shit!! We looked around dowtown for a place but couldnt find a place under 150$, and was much further away than this place. Just a suggestion. Oh yea, and we had our own little tailgate party outside the hotey before the show.........Good Times!
:D :D :D :D
Love, Peace, & Hood's Hair Grease.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Damn, that Friday is the day I get back from Vegas! As long as I can convince the fiance she doesn't need to see me for a few more days, this should be a hell of a time!
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Finally get a 2-night stand in Lexington. I'm about 99% sure for both nights, that'll be right before our house should be finished, but I think I can convince the wife she needs a shopping trip to Lexington while I go check out DBT.

davec53

Post by davec53 »

Just got the email from Buster's, too....pretty damn excited. 2 nights, in Lexington...should be great!

sg207

Post by sg207 »

That is also the opening weekend of Keeneland.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

mhc

Post by mhc »

I was getting ready to email u rlipps.
Clams

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Wow. opening weekend of Keeneland and Drive By Truckers. I don't know if I can make it to Kentucky -- an eleven hour drive -- but I would advise everyone planning a roadtrip to 1) book hotels now, 2) go both nights and 3) make sure you check out Keeneland. It is the best, purest, horse racing in the country. Even if you don't play the ponies, you will have a great time.

A 3DD meet at Keeneland would be fantastic fun.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

mhc

Post by mhc »

Last year I missed my hometown show because my wife was in the hospital with complications with our baby.(btw, Ava is 10 months old and 20 lbs now, I won't miss these shows. Last year was the 1st time I missed a hometown show ever!!
Clams

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Yes!!!! Can't wait. My plea for two night Buster's run has been answered.

Candlewood Suites here I come!

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

mrs.clauskimono wrote:Day's Motor Lodge. 1500 Versailles Rd. Lexington, KY 40504
If you guys are looking for "cheap" place to stay that is near the venue in Lexington, may I suggest this place. We negotiated the price with the owner and scored a room for 45$! Granted, it is no Taj Mahal, but it got the job done and the owner of the place even gave us a ride to and from Buster's! No shit!! We looked around dowtown for a place but couldnt find a place under 150$, and was much further away than this place. Just a suggestion. Oh yea, and we had our own little tailgate party outside the hotey before the show.........Good Times!

WIth the reports I got from The Drifter and Ryan that place is supposed to be a shit hole, but the price is hard to argue with. If you're in the market for crack that is another story.....As mine, The Drifter and TC's cab driver said. Day's Motor Lodge, Lexington only surviving crackhouse. I'm doubling up at the Candlewood to keep the price down.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

This Lexingtonian will be there with bells on. Not sure which one I'm going to, but if any 3DDers wanna meet up, that'll be cool!!

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

To be a douche bag and post three times in a row....If you are able to, I would highly recomend checking the Truckers out at this venue. The place looks like something out of roadhouse. They have a gravel parking lotwhere people were tailgating while drinking and smoking outside waiting to get in by there cars and playing tunes. The front bar is a pool hall and the concert venue is a seperate room in the back. They have one of the largest industrial fans I've ever seen which kept the venue extremely cool. They had an excellent selection of affordable whiskeys. ( I think that Buffalo Trace and waters were about $4.25) I think the place is an old foundry or something.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Damn, tickets go on sale at noon tomorrow - I'll be in a van somewhere between Denver and Twin Falls - yall think this'll sell out pretty quick?

mhc

Post by mhc »

The parking is a little better and the bridge theywere working on is fixed. I saw yonder Mt and Dark star orchestra there this past month. The room sounds so good right now. Been to 4 shows there now.
Clams

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

jimmyjack wrote:Damn, tickets go on sale at noon tomorrow - I'll be in a van somewhere between Denver and Twin Falls - yall think this'll sell out pretty quick?

I don't think they sold out until a couple days before hand when they played there last year. And that was for one show. You should be okay.

mrs.clauskimono

Cubfan06 wrote:
mrs.clauskimono wrote:Day's Motor Lodge. 1500 Versailles Rd. Lexington, KY 40504

WIth the reports I got from The Drifter and Ryan that place is supposed to be a shit hole, but the price is hard to argue with. If you're in the market for crack that is another story.....As mine, The Drifter and TC's cab driver said. Day's Motor Lodge, Lexington only surviving crackhouse. I'm doubling up at the Candlewood to keep the price down.

Well, I said, it was no Taj Mahal, but i can't say that i saw any "crackheads" either.....just saying the price was right and being the same weekend as the pony races ya ain't gunna find any place under 150 bones! Good luck...it was just a suggestion...... :D

mrs.clauskimono

mhc wrote:Last year I missed my hometown show because my wife was in the hospital with complications with our baby.(btw, Ava is 10 months old and 20 lbs now, I won't miss these shows. Last year was the 1st time I missed a hometown show ever!!

awe, well i am glad to hear your baby and wife are well!! Cheers!!

mrs.clauskimono

Cubfan06 wrote:Yes!!!! Can't wait. My plea for two night Buster's run has been answered.

Candlewood Suites here I come!

wanna hook us up with some info in the Candlewood?? :D

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

mrs.clauskimono wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:

Well, I said, it was no Taj Mahal, but i can't say that i saw any "crackheads" either.....just saying the price was right and being the same weekend as the pony races ya ain't gunna find any place under 150 bones! Good luck...it was just a suggestion...... :D

Sorry. Re-read my post. I sounded like a dickhead. Come to think of it, maybe I am one. The pricing is definitely right. And I should be fair, I didn't visit the place myself. Just heard from a friend.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Rooms at the Days Inn for $55 bucks for that weekend through Hotels.com
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.htm ... 5927&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&arrivalDate=04-08-11&hotelId=131545&validate=false#description

mrs.clauskimono

[quote="mhc"]The parking is a little better and the bridge theywere working on is fixed. I saw yonder Mt and Dark star orchestra there this past month. The room sounds so good right now. Been to 4 shows there now.[/quot
Last edited by mrs.clauskimono on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Fantasy

Post by Mr. Fantasy »

what was that bar we ate at near the track? i never saw that many hot blondes in one place in my life.

mrs.clauskimono

Cubfan06 wrote:Rooms at the Days Inn for $55 bucks for that weekend through Hotels.com
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.htm ... 5927&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&arrivalDate=04-08-11&hotelId=131545&validate=false#description

thanks
and didnt you get the memo "no dickeadery allowed anymore" :lol: :lol: (just joking)
Last edited by mrs.clauskimono on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Mr. Fantasy wrote:what was that bar we ate at near the track? i never saw that many hot blondes in one place in my life.

I don't know. But the talent inside that bar was stellar. Gotta hit up the track one or both days.

Mr. Fantasy

Post by Mr. Fantasy »

w3rd

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Mr. Fantasy wrote:what was that bar we ate at near the track? i never saw that many hot blondes in one place in my life.

And this....

mrs.clauskimono

Cubfan06 wrote:

And this....

yea, guess it was that RAVE they had up from Busters......we saw a male fairy in thongs freezing his nuts off ont he side of the street!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Loved Busters even though I was not in good shape that night (didn't really now that but still). some consideration will be given to these shows.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved