Living Vicariously Through My DBT Brethren

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

Living Vicariously Through My DBT Brethren

Post by TDB »

Ok, this is a thread to discuss my feelings of anticipation for and/or feelings about NOT being at a DBT show tonight.
Although, I guess this topic could apply to ANY night the Truckers are playing a gig somewhere in the world.

Considering I KNOW that there are several people from this board who are currently pressed against the stage in DC right NOW, tells me I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Please, feel free to add your rants, too!

Anyway, it's Friday night, the doors of the 9:30 Club have opened and it's almost time for the opening act to begin.
The hall is probably 3/4 full... with more people being groped, frisked and stamped in order to enter the circus tent by the minute.
I've got a beer in hand, bong still smoking( hey, it's only tobacco) and The Who from 77 on the dvd player to keep me and my buddy, Tommy, company.
Monty and Heather arrived in DC around 1pm today. I haven't seen my friends in half a year, and that's WAY to long for me.
Thank God for my friends and family. I wouldn't be alive today without them, that's for sure.
Anyway, I talked to Kev as the doors were opening and wished him a good show (Jesus, that's Soooo Dead-headish)
If only I had the cash to afford tix for both nights, I would be there right with y'all. As Jimmy Buffett once said, "But I know, it's my own damn fault."
Lawyers are expensive. Maybe I should have gone to Law School instead of hanging my hat on the hopes of a radio gig. Sorry, I'm babbling.

Damn! I wish I was in DC right now! Tomorrow will be my 80th DBT show since starting this quest for salvation in 2005/6. I haven't regretted a thing.
Well, I could have spent a little less on the credit card and taken better care of my trusty Saturn. However, I've never been one to dwell on past mistakes for too long.
No, I'm too busy making all NEW mistakes :0) Thankfully, I have the occassional ROCK SHOW to take my mind off all my destructive decisions.

I saw them on Wed. in York, PA and had a really good time. Although, I would have MUCH prefered to be against the boards, elbows to assholes, covered in beer, and singing/screaming/ROCKING with friends from the road or random strangers. Sorry, I like my DBT show rawkus, rude, and slightly dangerous. This ain't family entertainment!

BTW...I watched "Secret to a Happy Ending" last night and it gets better every time! I just want to make every friend I know watch it with me. My folks are hesitant, but I'm working on it. Hey, my folks are golden, don't get me wrong. At least they tolerate my addiction and try their best to be enthusiastic regarding my obsession with seeing EVERY DBT show.

It's just like when I was a teenager and had to go to every concert in a tri-state radius. The let me. Hell, they often bought me the ticket, drove me there and picked me up!
But, they spent the 60's starting their teaching careers, getting married, and starting a family. They opted-out of the sex, drugs and rock n roll in order to provide for the kids.
I don't think I would have done the same if I were in their shoes, but I wouldn't be here to enjoy DBT now, if they didn't make the sacrifice THEN...so, thank you Mom and Dad.
Ok, Daultry is about to do the infamous sream at the end of "Don't Get Fooled Again", and I need another beer. It's 9:30 pm and the ROCK SHOW is about to start in DC....

What are YOU doing tonight?

cortez the killer

Re: Living Vicariously Through My DBT Brethren

Post by cortez the killer »

TDB wrote:What are YOU doing tonight?

Not reading Ticket Stubs.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm living pretty non vicariously right now. Bummed about not being there and not even a single text, email, call or post from my many "brethren" at the rock show. I hope they're having a great time of course, but, you know, fuck 'em. :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I should have known better:

Heathens
one of these days

& my friends were able to get in w/ my tix and the 18 pages of required documentation.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

I hear you man. I just finished watching Secret to a Happy Ending and I'm dying to be at a Truckers show right now.
Not forever, just for now.

TDB

Post by TDB »

cortez the killer wrote:
TDB wrote:What are YOU doing tonight?

Not reading Ticket Stubs.

Thanks Cortez. Nice to see you haven't changed a bit.

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

While at our local watering hole, I got a shiver. Saw 6pm on the clock and thought... yep, I know exactly who's in line right now.

We were fortunate to make it to 12 shows last year, did the Homecoming in Jan yet I feel like I'm missing something really big this weekend...
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

glad to see the rev todd at the york show

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

What's up Rev?
Yea, I got the blues too brah...Some cat already has last night's gig up on Live Archive...Sounds really good...Shonna gives JoeOz props for his salsa...Fuckin' classic...wish I was there hangin in front of NEFF! w/ the 3DD crewe... Late Nite Johnny as Patterson calls him......
Go check out the stream Rev....See your ass in NOLA!

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

TDB wrote:

What are YOU doing tonight?

Just watched 'the secret to a happy ending' for the 3rd time. This time I introduced my mother-in-law to 'em. Wish we were at the 930 club. They're gonna blow that place out tonight.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Especially bummed since the Bowery show will most likely be my last for this year, also with our 2nd due in aug or sept. athens may or may not be in the cards for me. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels somehow lessened when the Rock Show is going on and I can't be there.