Problems With GGB Pre-Orders

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Problems With GGB Pre-Orders

Post by beantownbubba »

For Dime :)

Hey, somebody had to do it, why not somebody who didn't even pre-order? :lol:

sg, I gotta say, running out of stock on pre-orders has to be the lamest excuse in the history of customer service. It's the customer service equivalent of "the dog ate my homework." It's not merely counter-intuitive and illogical it's, well, ummm, it's complete and utter bullshit, either because there's no way it can be true, or if it is true, a kindergarten class could have done a better job. Feh.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Re: Problems With GGB Pre-Orders

Post by Zip City »

This whole thing kind of boggles the mind. The only place I've ever pre-ordered anything from is Amazon, and without fail, the item is always on my doorstep on release day. I hope people are getting fired over this.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

There's a Seinfeld ep for everything in life.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

From PeterJ in the GGB Discussion thread:

"Pete,

We are sorry that this occurred with your order. It is our intent, when it comes to pre orders, to ship out orders so that they are received with enough time to coincide with the street release date. We do this, provided that we receive the merchandise from the artists management team with enough time to do so. It is very rare that we experience a delay in receiving the merchandise. We understand that this is in no the fault of the customer, and the impression left is unfortunate. Currently, we show that the order is in transit to you. Below is the tracking information to use to view the transit. We have escalated this issue to our production team advising them of your dissatisfaction with this experience. We have asked if there can be any sort of recompense for this matter. We at Audiolife are were not the party that charged you for the order, as you will notice on your receipt, and are responsible to ship orders in our system as they arrive, or are due. Please allow 24-48 hours for us to receive a response to the submitted request. Once we hear back regarding this issue we will reach out to you.

Best,
Felix
Audiolife CS"

It takes a lot of talent of a certain, perverse sort to be able to say so little in so many words. The misdirection, the gobblydegook, the half-truths and implicit indictment of others w/out actually saying so...this is a masterpiece in its field. Fired? Hell, this guy's in line for a bonus :lol: :lol: :lol:

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I managed to keep my mouth shut up until now, but watching the mailman drive away, four days after, just finally pissed me off. Not that I plan to do anything about it, but still.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

My email back from them:

Bryan,

Reviewing your order we show that the order shipped from our Los Angeles warehouse just yesterday 2/15 after having received the merchandise from Drive By Truckers' management team. Generally, pre orders would be shipped before the street release date in order to be received on or around that date. In this case, where we received the merchandise late, this was not the case. We apologize for this inconvenience. It's instances like these while we await the merchandise to ship out for any given campaign that we are truly at the mercy of the management team. Please see below for the tracking details.

Best,
Felix
Audiolife CS
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

TW_2.0 wrote:My email back from them:

Bryan,

Reviewing your order we show that the order shipped from our Los Angeles warehouse just yesterday 2/15 after having received the merchandise from Drive By Truckers' management team. Generally, pre orders would be shipped before the street release date in order to be received on or around that date. In this case, where we received the merchandise late, this was not the case. We apologize for this inconvenience. It's instances like these while we await the merchandise to ship out for any given campaign that we are truly at the mercy of the management team. Please see below for the tracking details.

Best,
Felix
Audiolife CS

I guess the buck in fact does not stop there.
Keep calm and have a cigar

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Is the problem with the pre-orders with the vinyl alone or the cd's as well? I know from experience that vinyl can be tricky. A band can order 10,000 units, but sometimes the pressing plant will have lots of orders from different bands and will only press a fraction of that by release day with a promise that more will come in a week or so. This puts the record company in a bind, especially if there are lots of pre-orders and orders from the stores.

If this the problem is with the vinyl alone it is probably not the band's or the record company's fault. The problem is with the pressing plant.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

sg207

Post by sg207 »

TW_2.0 wrote:My email back from them:

Bryan,

Best,
Felix
Audiolife CS

Maybe I'm being naive, but I find it hard to believe that DBT and their team didn't have the dvd's there on time, given how fan-centric they are, and how upset they've been over issus in the past.

And especially considering some people got their's on Monday. These people are so full of bullshit, they would make excellent, world-class politicians.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

sg207

Post by sg207 »

RevMatt wrote:Is the problem with the pre-orders with the vinyl alone or the cd's as well? I know from experience that vinyl can be tricky. A band can order 10,000 units, but sometimes the pressing plant will have lots of orders from different bands and will only press a fraction of that by release day with a promise that more will come in a week or so. This puts the record company in a bind, especially if there are lots of pre-orders and orders from the stores.

If this the problem is with the vinyl alone it is probably not the band's or the record company's fault. The problem is with the pressing plant.

I only ordered the documentary.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

beantownbubba wrote:sg, I gotta say, running out of stock on pre-orders has to be the lamest excuse in the history of customer service. It's the customer service equivalent of "the dog ate my homework." It's not merely counter-intuitive and illogical it's, well, ummm, it's complete and utter bullshit, either because there's no way it can be true, or if it is true, a kindergarten class could have done a better job. Feh.

That's what I thought. Especially considering that none of the information they have sent me jives with each other.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

RevMatt wrote:Is the problem with the pre-orders with the vinyl alone or the cd's as well? I know from experience that vinyl can be tricky. A band can order 10,000 units, but sometimes the pressing plant will have lots of orders from different bands and will only press a fraction of that by release day with a promise that more will come in a week or so. This puts the record company in a bind, especially if there are lots of pre-orders and orders from the stores.

That was my thinking in the other thread. Heck, didn't it take forever for the record to finally hit stores with TBTD?

powderfinger74

Post by powderfinger74 »

Just checked the tracking number of my pre-order and its clear the shipment won't be arriving until sometime next week. Obviously none of this is that big of a deal, but it just begs the question, why do bands even have pre-orders? My pre-order of the new North Mississippi All Stars album arrived 10 days after the release date. That'll probably be the case with Go Go Boots as well. And yet Amazon had this week's other new releases on my doorstep Tuesday.

I'm probably not alone in thinking that ordering through the band is a way to show some support, particularly in the era of dwindling album sales and mass piracy (how many TDD forum users already have a copy of Isbell's "Here We Rest," for example?). So shouldn't that loyalty be a two-way street? I'm getting together with several hardcore DBT fans this weekend and I know damn well we'd have enjoyed throwing the documentary on (if my package weren't sitting in a DHL warehouse in Kentucky at this exact minute.)

It just doesn't make any sense.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

powderfinger74 wrote:Just checked the tracking number of my pre-order and its clear the shipment won't be arriving until sometime next week. Obviously none of this is that big of a deal, but it just begs the question, why do bands even have pre-orders? My pre-order of the new North Mississippi All Stars album arrived 10 days after the release date. That'll probably be the case with Go Go Boots as well. And yet Amazon had this week's other new releases on my doorstep Tuesday.

I'm probably not alone in thinking that ordering through the band is a way to show some support, particularly in the era of dwindling album sales and mass piracy (how many TDD forum users already have a copy of Isbell's "Here We Rest," for example?). So shouldn't that loyalty be a two-way street? I'm getting together with several hardcore DBT fans this weekend and I know damn well we'd have enjoyed throwing the documentary on (if my package weren't sitting in a DHL warehouse in Kentucky at this exact minute.)

Shoot, if yours is in Kentucky, I'll go pick it up! You can have mine, which is apparently sitting somewhere on a shelf in California!

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

I wonder if Amazon is like WalMart and demands a certain guaranteed product before it will allow it to be listed? WalMart makes companies adhere to certain parameters to get it on its shelves. I would imagine with the clout Amazon has that ATO's distributor is probably making them a big priority to get them product first.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

sg207 wrote:
powderfinger74 wrote:Just checked the tracking number of my pre-order and its clear the shipment won't be arriving until sometime next week. Obviously none of this is that big of a deal, but it just begs the question, why do bands even have pre-orders? My pre-order of the new North Mississippi All Stars album arrived 10 days after the release date. That'll probably be the case with Go Go Boots as well. And yet Amazon had this week's other new releases on my doorstep Tuesday.

Shoot, if yours is in Kentucky, I'll go pick it up! You can have mine, which is apparently sitting somewhere on a shelf in California!

My tracking info was finally updated after 3 days and it now says mine has been tendered to the USPS in Hebron, KY. Since I'm about 2.5 hours SE of Hebron, I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow finally. Maybe they'll update your tracking info too SG, mine was still showing it was in Carson, CA from 2/15 until just a few minutes ago.

davec53

Post by davec53 »

mine left Carson, California on the early morning of the 16th, and that's the last update I have.

I figured sure as the world they would have been able to get it at least TO Kentucky in 2 days (looks like there are several other Kentuckians having troubles with the pre-order).

Mail has already run today...nothing. I'm hoping to see that DHL info update today and am still holding out a small amount of hope that it might show up tomorrow.

We'll see....

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Received my pre-order in the mail just now. Finally satisfied.

Although, I did do the pre-order about 15 minutes after they announced it, and no signed thank you note from the band.

No biggie, but I saw on a different thread where someone ordered 3 weeks after the announcement, and still received the signed thank you note.

Clearly no rhyme or reason to the order in which that was chosen.

The deluxe package looks amazing, though.

Can't wait to spin it.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Worst follow up email ever. I'm just sayin'.

Pete

I have just heard back from our production department regarding your situation. We received product very late for this campaign, so we couldn't ship early enough to get all orders delivered by street date. We did our best to turn orders around in a timely manner but there were A LOT to get through. Your order did ship though and is en route. You can track your order on www.usps.com with this tracking number:

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Trevor
Audiolife CS
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Just got this in my email:

We want to apologize to those of you who received your Go-Go Boots pre-order late or still have not received it. There was an issue with a late delivery of some of the vinyl to our shipping partner Audiolife.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please reach out to Taylor at taylor@redlightmanagement.com. We feel terrible that we let down our biggest supporters and promise that this will never happen again and that we will do something to make it up to you. At this point, our number one goal is to make sure everyone has their order so please contact Taylor if you have not. Thanks for your continued patience.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Flying Rabbit wrote:Just got this in my email:

We want to apologize to those of you who received your Go-Go Boots pre-order late or still have not received it. There was an issue with a late delivery of some of the vinyl to our shipping partner Audiolife.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please reach out to Taylor at taylor@redlightmanagement.com. We feel terrible that we let down our biggest supporters and promise that this will never happen again and that we will do something to make it up to you. At this point, our number one goal is to make sure everyone has their order so please contact Taylor if you have not. Thanks for your continued patience.

Ah, so it's a problem with the vinyl. That figures.

So how does that impact the delivery of my DVD?

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

TW_2.0 wrote:Received my pre-order in the mail just now. Although, I did do the pre-order about 15 minutes after they announced it, and no signed thank you note from the band.

No biggie, but I saw on a different thread where someone ordered 3 weeks after the announcement, and still received the signed thank you note.

Just received mine as well. I, too, was all over the pre-order, within minutes of them posting it for sale. No thank you note for me.

I'm just sooooo God Damn happy to finally have the DVD and vinyl.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Flying Rabbit wrote:I wonder if Amazon is like WalMart and demands a certain guaranteed product before it will allow it to be listed? WalMart makes companies adhere to certain parameters to get it on its shelves. I would imagine with the clout Amazon has that ATO's distributor is probably making them a big priority to get them product first.

No, at least not with books, though they do build in a cushion between ship and release date on the site. It's possible to update that date after it's been posted initially. That doesn't work for anything with a firm street date, though.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

A friend of mine purchased GGB on CD and it didn't have any liner notes inside.

I blame Craig for all of this. ALL OF IT. ;)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

PeterJ wrote:Worst follow up email ever. I'm just sayin'.

Pete

I have just heard back from our production department regarding your situation. We received product very late for this campaign, so we couldn't ship early enough to get all orders delivered by street date. We did our best to turn orders around in a timely manner but there were A LOT to get through. Your order did ship though and is en route. You can track your order on http://www.usps.com with this tracking number:

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Trevor
Audiolife CS

See? I tole ya: Felix already got promoted :lol: :lol: BTW, for those of you attempting to track a USPS shipment, forget it. They update about once every 72 hours. Until i stopped paying for the "service" it was not uncommon for a package to be delivered before the tracking was updated even once. More common was for it to be updated once, showing movement from drop off point to area collection point, then delivery 1 to 3 days later, then further updates.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

From Drive By Truckers

Always go to the show

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Jonicont wrote:From Drive By Truckers

That's great that they recognized the vinyl problem. Now what about the dvd problem? Should I email this person for that as well?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

sg207 wrote:That's great that they recognized the vinyl problem. Now what about the dvd problem? Should I email this person for that as well?

Give it a shot
Always go to the show

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

I received a notice of my order being shipped on Monday...I just checked the tracking number provided and UPS does not even confirm that it has been shipped only that they received notice to ship.....good grief, I paid 25 bucks for shipping...I haven't listened to a leaked copy or any other version save for the few tunes I have seen live as I want to hear the record first on vinyl. Time keeps a ticking...god knows if and when it will arrive...It's kinda discouraging...whatever
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Zip City wrote:This whole thing kind of boggles the mind. The only place I've ever pre-ordered anything from is Amazon, and without fail, the item is always on my doorstep on release day. I hope people are getting fired over this.

I preordered with Amazon, well my wife did, and she did the "free super saver" shipping deal and it wasn't supposed to shit till the 25th (with some movie she ordered) - I didnt find that out till i went to check on it yesterday, I cancelled the order and went to my local record store and picked it up today.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.