Problems With GGB Pre-Orders

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

PeterJ

Re: Problems With GGB Pre-Orders

Post by PeterJ »

All is now right with the world here. :D Somehow, I got everything I ordered. :o
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

mwh

Post by mwh »

rlipps wrote:
sg207 wrote:
powderfinger74 wrote:Just checked the tracking number of my pre-order and its clear the shipment won't be arriving until sometime next week. Obviously none of this is that big of a deal, but it just begs the question, why do bands even have pre-orders? My pre-order of the new North Mississippi All Stars album arrived 10 days after the release date. That'll probably be the case with Go Go Boots as well. And yet Amazon had this week's other new releases on my doorstep Tuesday.

I'm probably not alone in thinking that ordering through the band is a way to show some support, particularly in the era of dwindling album sales and mass piracy (how many TDD forum users already have a copy of Isbell's "Here We Rest," for example?). So shouldn't that loyalty be a two-way street? I'm getting together with several hardcore DBT fans this weekend and I know damn well we'd have enjoyed throwing the documentary on (if my package weren't sitting in a DHL warehouse in Kentucky at this exact minute.)

It just doesn't make any sense.

Shoot, if yours is in Kentucky, I'll go pick it up! You can have mine, which is apparently sitting somewhere on a shelf in California!

My tracking info was finally updated after 3 days and it now says mine has been tendered to the USPS in Hebron, KY. Since I'm about 2.5 hours SE of Hebron, I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow finally. Maybe they'll update your tracking info too SG, mine was still showing it was in Carson, CA from 2/15 until just a few minutes ago.

Also in Kentucky, also still don't have my pre-order. Maybe it's a conspiracy! No vinyl for me though, I ordered the CD and Secret to a Happy Ending DVD. They are both still in California. :evil:

SouthCarolinaRed

Post by SouthCarolinaRed »

bovine knievel wrote:
TW_2.0 wrote:Received my pre-order in the mail just now. Although, I did do the pre-order about 15 minutes after they announced it, and no signed thank you note from the band.

No biggie, but I saw on a different thread where someone ordered 3 weeks after the announcement, and still received the signed thank you note.

Just received mine as well. I, too, was all over the pre-order, within minutes of them posting it for sale. No thank you note for me.

I'm just sooooo God Damn happy to finally have the DVD and vinyl.

Well......after being super stoked on Monday that GGB was coming Tuesday......each day I got continually more disappointed. Would arrive home....no GGB. I feel lucky that mine actually
came yesterday, but somehow it was anti-climatic. Safely shipped....Check. Two copies ofthe Happy Ending DVD.....only
ordered one but ok......I got two. Like several others I ordered the "deluxe" package within hours of the order site being posted. However, no signed anything. I figured I just missed it bc I was not quick enough but maybe that was not the case.

I am happy for Tequila Cowboy that he got something signed after waiting 3 weeks to order. However, that must have been sent randomly with so many others ordering immediately that got nothing. Why even tease that as incentive if there's no true follow-through? By the postings here several people had the same experience so it does not seem like a fluke. Someone was supposed to win tix to every DBT show this year. Wonder if that happened?

It seems like there is a major disconnect w DBT and whomever is in charge of marketing. Also, why make someone buy the album separately to get a special "bonus" EP? What's the point of a pre-order? I disagree that the purpose of a pre-order is to ensure receiving one....unless it is something finite like tix to a show or a limited release.

Sorry for the rant. I don't know if I would pre-order again....I just feel let down. I could have gotten the album Monday or possibly before by shooting over to a record store (or by "acquiring" it pre-release online. (no offense fellow 3DD'rs......I know you are all buying it now that it has been "officially" released).

I don't want to beat a dead horse.....but why pre-order if you don't get a benefit (like receiving the album before it's available in stores....or getting an "extra"?) I buy from the band site bc it seems like the best way to support the band. I understand problems and delays occur. But leaving so many pre-order folks waiting seems unfair. How can that be rectified?

I hope you guys all get your orders soon and that some of you get signed whatevers......someone posted elsewhere about buying something in a store and getting signed liner notes.

The album rocks and I am glad to get this off my chest so I can move on to enjoying it. All I hope is that DBT is reponsive. The email from Jen helped.....but I do hope there is some further follow-up on the pre-order issues.

With all that being said....let there be rock!
The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Well for all the bitching and complaining I did about not receiving my order in time, it suremade for an excellent Friday night. Got a call from my wife on the way home from work that it was here. Yeeesssssssss!!!!! Stopped by the gas station, cracked open a 24OZ PBR (As if i were at the show.) and made my merry way home. Got home, spun the vinyl 2X and just finished the doc and special features....its 1:30 AM and I don't have to work tomorrow....life is good and all is right with the world...now I just have to plan for my next rock show!

Only one slight disappointment: Didn't get a signed note from the band like TC mentioned somewhere although I was pretty quick on the pre-order (Dec. 2nd) :( Must be a perk of being a 3DD mod. ;)
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

Got an e-mail on Monday that my order was shipped (vinyl+dvd), but the tracking number they provide don't work for me on that US post service site...

But I'm waiting, cause it takes more time to arrive to Israel. I will give it like 2 weeks and hope it will arrive :)
"I used to hate the fool in me, but only in the morning. Now I tolerate him all day long"

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Also in Kentucky still waiting. If it gets to be Tuesday, that'll be a week, and that's pretty fucked up.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

jimmyjack wrote:Also in Kentucky still waiting. If it gets to be Tuesday, that'll be a week, and that's pretty fucked up.

If you didn't get it today, you're looking at at least Tuesday for sure: No mail delivery this monday.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

TW_2.0 wrote:In this case, where we received the merchandise late, this was not the case. We apologize for this inconvenience. It's instances like these while we await the merchandise to ship out for any given campaign that we are truly at the mercy of the management team.

Again I say "customer service fail." correct answer is, without trying to blame the band, "I'm terribly sorry sir, how can we make this up to you."
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Maluca3 wrote:
TW_2.0 wrote:In this case, where we received the merchandise late, this was not the case. We apologize for this inconvenience. It's instances like these while we await the merchandise to ship out for any given campaign that we are truly at the mercy of the management team.

Again I say "customer service fail." correct answer is, without trying to blame the band, "I'm terribly sorry sir, how can we make this up to you."

Maluca gets an A. These clowns get an F for service, an F for initial followup and a G, or Z or whatever comes after F, for followup to the followup, where they just dug themselves a deeper hole. Looks like double secret probation for them next semester, plus daddy may have to endow a whole new football stadium.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Saturday comes and goes... :x
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

I just got mine yesterday. I really don't give a fuck that it was late, it sounds so good! Shipping all over the country is a big part of what I do and believe me shit happens. (At least vinyl wont stink if it's a few days late.) What is entirely unacceptable is the shipper not taking responsibility and continually throwing management under the bus. That's bullshit on every level.

crowes74

Post by crowes74 »

I still haven't got my preorder record yet, sucks to know others are having the same trouble.
Did finally get my Chicago tix in the mail, so the record/thank you note has taken a back seat.
If I miss the thank you note it's not to big a deal, got a book from them last release.

davec53

Post by davec53 »

beantownbubba wrote:If you didn't get it today, you're looking at at least Tuesday for sure: No mail delivery this monday.

dammit! i totally forgot about that....

sigh. :cry:

sg207

Post by sg207 »

My mail has come and gone today too, still nothing. And no update on the tracking beyond the initial pick up on Thursday night.

FTS
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Got back from DC to find our deluxe package of GGB waiting for us, with the works! Got the vinyl, cd, artwork, t-shirt, TSTAHE DVD, GGB episodes DVD, even the signed note from the band! :D Yay!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

docs

Post by docs »

Anyone in U.K received theres yet?

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

beantownbubba wrote:
Maluca3 wrote:

Maluca gets an A. These clowns get an F for service, an F for initial followup and a G, or Z or whatever comes after F, for followup to the followup, where they just dug themselves a deeper hole. Looks like double secret probation for them next semester, plus daddy may have to endow a whole new football stadium.

this made me laugh a lot. dont know why
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

davec53

Post by davec53 »

mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY today! woohoo!

glad i've had the digital download to hold me over...and getting the email for the download of the EP yesterday was a nice touch...but really can't wait to pop in the DVDs...listen to the vinyl...just finally HAVE IT!! :D

hopefully, others are getting theirs today, too.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

My deluxe package just came in the mail a few minutes ago. Luckily, I had to stay home with the kids today, so as soon as I can get them down for a nap, I'll be watching The Secret to a Happy Ending. Also got one of the thank you notes from the band.

dangerbird

Post by dangerbird »

OK I am curious, what does the Thank you card look like?

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

dangerbird wrote:OK I am curious, what does the Thank you card look like?

A white piece of paper about 4"x6" or so. Typed/printed letter from Patterson, and then signed by the band. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't all that great. Maybe thought a pic or something would have been better. I have plenty of autographs, so it doesn't really matter. (not really trying to "stealth brag", just the facts.) ;)
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Got mine this morning! All good, but I have to admit, i'm a little bitter that I didn't have it while iced in over the weekend, trying to keep sane. Would've helped alot.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Supposedly mine got to Hebron on Saturday morning (which is right outside of Cincy), but the mail has come and gone another day with nothing to show for it.

Hood4Pres

Post by Hood4Pres »

Not sure why DHL even gives you a place to track your orders. Possibly the worst run tracking service I have ever used.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Another day comes and goes, now a full week after the release date. Wonder if it will EVER arrive . :x

SouthernFriedCanuck

Post by SouthernFriedCanuck »

I got mine yesterday, pretty much when I expected. Things are usually delayed about a week or more due to crossing the border. I'm happy. :D
"It's fucking great to be alive!"

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Okay, now I'm just really mad. First, I want to say thank-you to the band for sending us the download. That was sweet.

I lost my original e-mail with the tracking number and e-mailed the company and asked them to please re-send me the tracking number. That was last week. I have not heard from the YET!

I just got home from California and I just KNEW it would be here.

Not a damn thing on my doorstep and no tracking number to try to find out where it is.

Bottom lip is poked out and forehead is wrinkled.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Got mine today!!!! hooray! Much like sex, I don't really care when it came, just as long as it came eventually...
NSFW

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Not sure how I got my wires got crossed up yesterday, but apparently it did come yesterday as it was sitting on the kitchen counter when I got home.

scotto

Post by scotto »

littlemamma wrote:Got mine today!!!! hooray! Much like sex, I don't really care when it came, just as long as it came eventually...

Well put. I came home from work last night to find my LP and t-shirt laid out by The Ms. in lovely full birthday-eve display mode.
Worth the wait.