3/18-3/19 Ogden Theatre, Denver

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

3/18-3/19 Ogden Theatre, Denver

Post by Iowan »

Since we were unable to make Athens (too short of notice), we started looking around at other possible Trucker shows and noticed that they're playing a 2 night stand in lovely downtown Denver. That's a 10 hour drive for us, so it looks we're going to be making both nights and having a nice long weekend in Denver. It also happens to be over my spring break, so bonus!

Anyone been to the Ogden before? If so, how is it? We're going to be staying withing stumbling distance, so that's great. Plan on hitting some of the breweries up in Boulder, Longmont, and FoCo. First time I've really traveled for a DBT show, and very pumped!

Fatah Ruark

Re: 3/18-3/19 Ogden Theatre, Denver

Post by Fatah Ruark »

The Ogden is my favorite 1000-ish person venue in the Denver area. Great sound (it used to sound like crap, but they upgraded everything a few years ago). My favorite place to watch is from directly in front of the SBD. Nice view over the top of everyone in front, and sounds the best from there. I will as per normal have my recording gear in tow.

You will, do doubt, have fun at the breweries. Hard to go wrong with whatever you choose. My favorites in Denver are Flying Dog, Great Divide and Wynkoop. Also the Mountain Sun (from Boulder) has a place in Denver now called the Vine Street Pub. IMO Mountain Sun has the best beer in the world. So many good options.

Also in Denver make sure you stop in at the Colfax Guitar Shop where Baxendale Guitars are made. If you're lucky Scott might be making a new guitar for DBT. I was lucky enough to hold Cooley's Death Bird acoustic before Cooley a few years ago.

Boulder is off the charts when it comes to breweries. You can't possibly try them all in a few days (and still be walking). Of course Mountain Sun is a mandatory stop. Avery, Twisted Pine, and Boulder Beer are my other favorites.

I'm assuming you're staying at the Ramada in Denver. I'm only coming from Boulder and I'll be staying there as well. Much more fun to walk back from a DBT show than drive.

Can't wait for these shows. Got the weekend off from work, the stumbling distance from the Ogden and bringing a new lady friend to her first DBT shows.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I was already planning to hit up Boulder Beer Co, Oskar Blues' tasting room, Left Hand, and New Belgium for tours. Definitely wanted to try Wynkoop too. Going to have to add Mountain Sun to that list.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Iowan wrote:I was already planning to hit up Boulder Beer Co, Oskar Blues' tasting room, Left Hand, and New Belgium for tours. Definitely wanted to try Wynkoop too. Going to have to add Mountain Sun to that list.

Oskar Blues! I'm jealous.....Dale's Pale Ale is the best beer I have ever tasted in a can. Old Chubb is no slouch either.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Iowan wrote:I was already planning to hit up Boulder Beer Co, Oskar Blues' tasting room, Left Hand, and New Belgium for tours. Definitely wanted to try Wynkoop too. Going to have to add Mountain Sun to that list.

Oskar Blues! I'm jealous.....Dale's Pale Ale is the best beer I have ever tasted in a can. Old Chubb is no slouch either.

Dale's is great. I like the Gubna too. Can't wait to have it on tap.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

rule number one is dont miss trucker shows in colorado so i will be there with my lady both nights! two nights in denver baby!

DD&N 2002

Post by DD&N 2002 »

I am planning as well to fly out from NY for the Denver shows. Not able to make Athens and always fun to see the end of the tour. Have not been to DBT in Colorado since the incredible 3 show New Year's run in 2005 at the Fox in Boulder. DBT, some skiing and some local brew, tough to beat !

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

A single 2 night pass is only $45, too. That's a hell of a deal. Very, very excited for this show.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

i too was at the three nighter in boulder '05. having said that i am going to take my remaining brain cells and rock the fuck out for two nights in denver. glad that truckers will be there for it. history says that usually by the time the truckers reach colorado, particularly at the end of a tour, they tend to cut loose to say the least. i know i will be.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Booked a room at the Econolodge next door to the Ogden for the 17th-20th. Fuck yeah! Cannot fucking wait for this...

denverdawg

Post by denverdawg »

Anybody have a clue as to why the Heartless Bastards are not opening the second of the two shows / why no opener has been announced? Does this mean they are just going to do a 4 hour blowout NYE/NYC style? If so, that would be beyond awesome.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

denverdawg wrote:Anybody have a clue as to why the Heartless Bastards are not opening the second of the two shows / why no opener has been announced? Does this mean they are just going to do a 4 hour blowout NYE/NYC style? If so, that would be beyond awesome.

God, that would be incredible.

Trip just keeps getting better. Looks like we're getting out on Wednesday night and hitting A-Basin on Thursday. Hellllooooo Montezuma Bowl.

DD&N 2002

Post by DD&N 2002 »

Looks like the Heartless Bastards are playing Fort Collins on 3/19 so that explains why not opener on night two for DBT. We are also flying out Wednesday and hitting keystone during the days and DBT at night. As it should be.

Clams

Post by Clams »

denverdawg wrote:Anybody have a clue as to why the Heartless Bastards are not opening the second of the two shows / why no opener has been announced? Does this mean they are just going to do a 4 hour blowout NYE/NYC style? If so, that would be beyond awesome.

I've seen em twice in the last year with no opener (Dewey Beach and Philly). Same rock show, they just come on a bit earlier (9:30-ish).
If you don't run you rust

ccdonah

Post by ccdonah »

all the beer pubs are great, but don't forget about the Cheeky Monk that's on Colfax maybe 10 blocks at the most from the Ogden. That has the kill kill Belgium beers flowing. Plus the Irish Snug, also on Colfax, will be hopping since we'll be a few days past St. Patricks day. Good beer and food.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

A ccdonah sighting. It's been some time...
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Toke

Post by Toke »

Got my tix, gonna be my first DBT show. Been wanting to see them for years, can't wait!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

in!! :mrgreen:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Getting my board tuned up next week. So god damn stoked. I'll be riding A-Basin with a flask full of Irish whiskey on St. Pat's, and rocking balls on friday and saturday nights as I spend the days with craft beer and March Madness.

I can't really think of many better ways to spend those 3 days.

If anyone is looking for a fellow 3DDer at the show, look for these folks:

My hair is shorter. I will probably look about that drunk.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll keep an eye out for you.

I'm guessing we'll get there early and be right down on the rail. I'll probably wear some sort of Iowa related clothing (Iowa State U most likely) so it'll be easy to connect the dots. That way we can all hold each other's spots on beer/bathroom trips.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Seeing as how I don't miss trucker shows in Colorado I will be there. And will definitely be on the rail so dig what the Iowan is saying about the team. Guess I am living large as this will be my second dbt two nighter in Denver. Seven years apart I think. It's decoration day mothafuckas!

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

TW_2.0 wrote:http://www.twistandshout.com/item.cfm?ItemsID=16545

In-store at Twist & Shout !

Looks the old brewery tour just got cut down. Fucking stoked!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't cut it short, just start earlier! :mrgreen:

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't cut it short, just start earlier! :mrgreen:

Well, I think they start at 1PM. I'll make it work somehow.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

The instore starts at 4:00.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Is there still no opening act for nite two? Guess we will just have to settle for for a thirty five song evening with the dbt.

Toke

Post by Toke »

I ordered my tickets from the DBT web site over a month ago. Still haven't got them. Has anyone else got theirs? The confirmation email says to call if I don't have them a week before the show, so not too worried yet.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Toke wrote:I ordered my tickets from the DBT web site over a month ago. Still haven't got them. Has anyone else got theirs? The confirmation email says to call if I don't have them a week before the show, so not too worried yet.

I haven't received mine but I bet they'll be here by the end of next week.