DBT Psychic Abilities

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bogart

DBT Psychic Abilities

Post by bogart »

How often do you think of the band, turn on Outlaw Country and, alas...?

Tonight, after dinner, I said to my husband, "Isn't about time for some Truckers?" Intending to put on a CD, turned on the stereo system, which was on the radio function. Turned it on and DBT was on..playing "Hell No, I Ain't Happy"

Slipkid42

Re: DBT Psychic Abilities

Post by Slipkid42 »

bogart wrote:How often do you think of the band, turn on Outlaw Country and, alas...?

Tonight, after dinner, I said to my husband, "Isn't about time for some Truckers?" Intending to put on a CD, turned on the stereo system, which was on the radio function. Turned it on and DBT was on..playing "Hell No, I Ain't Happy"

Got any football picks?
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Clams

Post by Clams »

Slipkid42 wrote:
bogart wrote:How often do you think of the band, turn on Outlaw Country and, alas...?

Got any football picks?

:lol:
If you don't run you rust

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Yesterday I emailed a friend and told her she needs to hear Go-Go Boots. She texted me shortly after and asked, "Is there a song called Assholes on the new one?" She was listening to it on Outlaw Country. :?: :?:

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Love love love Outlaw Country!!
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Flea

Post by Flea »

This shit happens to me with Neil Young on a twice weekly basis. It's damn freaky.
Now it's dark.

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

lajakesdad wrote:Yesterday I emailed a friend and told her she needs to hear Go-Go Boots. She texted me shortly after and asked, "Is there a song called Assholes on the new one?" She was listening to it on Outlaw Country. :?: :?:

They've been playing it quite a bit on there lately.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

This phenomena hasn't happened to me for awhile. What has been happening a lot lately is hearing bands I like in the most unexpected places. Was picking up some meds for my wife in CVS, and I heard Wilco. Heard DBT at a gas station. So on and so forth.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

bovine knievel wrote:Love love love Outlaw Country!!

I beg to differ. I much preferred Cross Country. I'm sure Mojo Nixon is a fine human being but more times than not, he tends to get on my last nerve. I also don't enjoy tuning into say, the Shooter Jennings show only to hear the Beatles, the Beach Boys, CCR, etc. I love all of those bands but they're not what I tune into the Outlaw Country channel to hear. I have the utmost respect for "Cowboy" Jack Clement but lose my patience with all the inane chit-chat that takes place during his program. Those things only just start to scratch the surface of why I prefer Cross Country to the Outlaw Country channel. It does have some redeeming qualities but they're few and far between.

As for the "psychic" part, I find that happening a great deal of the time with both XM and my iTunes. I was on the way to see Ryan Adams once and lo and behold one of his songs came on the radio. Same thing happened on the way to see Donna the Buffalo at the Lincoln in Raleigh. Again it happened with "Catapult" (which I always hear as "cat'll poot") just after seeing R.E.M. at the Ryman back in 2004. A few years later, after seeing R.E.M. in Atlanta Stipe had mentioned how he had accidentally lifted the melody from an English Beat song for "HarborCoat". On the way out "Save It For Later" came over the radio. Then again, with all of the niche channels on XM it probably shouldn't be all that surprising.