Openers in Athens

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

hankuspankus

Openers in Athens

Post by hankuspankus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBzg4XKhfg

I hope that link works. This is my first post. The link is to a video of last year's Camp Amped Band doing a cover of the Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want". The guitar player is Phil Carpenter from the 2nd Sons, who'll be opening the Thursday show in Athens. The 2nd Sons are a bunch of young guys who rock - all of them are alumni of Nuci's Space's Camp Amped programs. Three of the four members are still in high school (Phil is a freshman at UGA), but don't expect to see a kid's band. These guys are serious musicians. They have three very good singer/songwriters in the band and all four of the guys are talented, dedicated musicians. The other members are Nick Bradfield on keys and vocals, Nick Brown on drums and Hank Barbe on bass and vocals. Phil also adds vocals as well as some great guitar work (I wish I could play slide at that age!). Phil is my nephew and I'm obviously a proud Uncle, but I honestly think that people are going to be blown away by these young guys. Oh, and Hank Barbe is the son of David Barbe, who records all these Truckers albums we all dig so much. You'll see that the talent in that family runs deep. I hope everyone has a fantastic time in Athens and I hope everyone digs the 2nd Sons - the next generation of Athens, GA rock and roll! See you Athens...

Maluca3

Re: Openers in Athens

Post by Maluca3 »

Welcome to 3DD!

I really enjoyed hearing the Camp Amped band last year. They looked like they were having a great time too.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I can't wait to say, "I remember when they were the 2nd Sons." Very nice post.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

njMark

Post by njMark »

I am looking forward to seeing Don Chambers again, when they opened up for the DBT in NJ at the Starland they were really good.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

One of the guys from the road crew was telling me how good the Camp Amped kids were. You've got to be good to impress the road crew.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Those "kids" kicked ass!

Here's a link to the full version of You Can't Always Get... from that night. I was beyond impressed with those kids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shelbyclaire123456#p/f/1/uPco43KoGBs
Send lawyers, guns and money....