DBT Stats

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: DBT Stats

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

dogstar wrote:How's this for a stat. I've been to 30 shows and UR and CG have been at all but 4 of them.
Yes but how many of those have been in the company of World Wide Bill?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
dogstar wrote:How's this for a stat. I've been to 30 shows and UR and CG have been at all but 4 of them.
For me:

UR&CG - 1
WWB - 0
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
His Worldwideness has been at all bar six of the shows I've been to. Rather worryingly soon Bill will have been at more shows with me than UR and CG. Does that belong in the WTF thread?
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I have been at a handful of DBT shows with Bill, not enough to brag about by any means, but we have been at many Neil Young shows/Bridge School Benefits (mostly Bridge shows) together, which is cool

other than my wife, I've been with/around Bovine Knievel at more DBT shows than anyone else, no competition there. BK, we'll always have the Wonder Ballroom July 5, 2007! As a matter of fact, I met Bovine at a DBT show--well, the tour with the Crowes and Robert Randolph-- on June 13, 2006, and after that the next tme we crossed paths (I think it was the next time) was for DBT at Hardly Strictly that same year
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Was anyone at Cat's Cradle, November 19, 2005? That was my first show - amazing night (https://archive.org/details/dbt2005-11-19.flac16.4022) and friendly folks. I perched up in front of the tapers, when they had that step-up area not too far back from the front and to the side.

Any of you guys there, and if so, is it possible we met? It was all so new to me at the time, and I was like a kid in a candy store after jonesing for the sweets for a year, that I don't really remember anything other than the incredible show and the friendly strangers who welcomed me to the perch.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

ramonz wrote:Was anyone at Cat's Cradle, November 19, 2005? That was my first show - amazing night (https://archive.org/details/dbt2005-11-19.flac16.4022) and friendly folks. I perched up in front of the tapers, when they had that step-up area not too far back from the front and to the side.

Any of you guys there, and if so, is it possible we met? It was all so new to me at the time, and I was like a kid in a candy store after jonesing for the sweets for a year, that I don't really remember anything other than the incredible show and the friendly strangers who welcomed me to the perch.
I may have been but don't recall. I don't really keep a record of the shows I've seen or how many. That's not meant to be rude or anything, btw. I started seeing them in 2000, first show was at the Local 506 in Chapel Hill for Honkytonkarama. Since then, I've seen them most every time they've come to North Carolina, though not every single show. Most have been in the Triangle region. Out of state shows have been Austin (SXSW 2001) and Myrtle Beach (2007).

Clams

Post by Clams »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:[
I may have been but don't recall. I don't really keep a record of the shows I've seen or how many. That's not meant to be rude or anything, btw.
So rude.
If you don't run you rust

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote: What's the point of going to a show if you aren't going to remember it? Image
I go to steal pickle lighters.

That fucking lighter must have Stockholm Syndrome by now. :evil:
Now it's dark.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Flea wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote: What's the point of going to a show if you aren't going to remember it? Image
I go to steal pickle lighters.

That fucking lighter must have Stockholm Syndrome by now. :evil:
I've heard rumors of a recent relocation. We shall see.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cooley. I want to see Cooley with the motherfuckin' pickle lighter. That is all.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

Zip City wrote:
Flea wrote:Y'all aren't doing it right if you remember everything that was played.
What's the point of going to a show if you aren't going to remember it? Image
Said no Hold Steady fan, ever.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Cooley. I want to see Cooley with the motherfuckin' pickle lighter. That is all.
Nomination for post of the week!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

I was thinking of starting this project for myself before it gets too unmanageable. Does anyone have a spreadsheet they'd be willing to share? PM if so; otherwise I'll just get to typing.

Thanks!
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

phungi

Post by phungi »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:I was thinking of starting this project for myself before it gets too unmanageable. Does anyone have a spreadsheet they'd be willing to share? PM if so; otherwise I'll just get to typing.

Thanks!
Happy to share my spreadsheet. Check PM.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Phew. That was fun. So far, in the data dump phase, I just lumped all my shows together (DBT, Dimmer Twins, Cooley, Hood). Maybe finding a good way to separate everything out will be the next step.

Since my first show on 3/9/12, I've seen 19 DBT-related shows (not counting Isbell). 116 unique songs. The song I've seen most frequently is "Women Without Whiskey" (12).

Some notables I haven't caught yet:

Life in the Factory
The Company I Keep
Checkout Time in Vegas
Daddy Learned to Fly
Margo and Harold
Mercy Buckets
The Boys from Alabama
Plastic Flowers on the Highway
This Fucking Job
Your Daddy Hates Me
Daddy's Cup (although it's never been a favorite of mine)
A Blessing and a Curse
Adam Raised a Cain
Birmingham
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

phungi wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:I was thinking of starting this project for myself before it gets too unmanageable. Does anyone have a spreadsheet they'd be willing to share? PM if so; otherwise I'll just get to typing.

Thanks!
This sounds like fun. Do you mind sharing your spreadsheet with another heathen?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

thedudeabides wrote:
phungi wrote:

Thanks!
This sounds like fun. Do you mind sharing your spreadsheet with another heathen?
Here's the one I've been working with. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkyhqyinhwoq1 ... .xlsx?dl=0