Go-Go Boots Discussion Thread

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sg207

Re: Go-Go Boots Discussion Thread

Post by sg207 »

ford911 wrote:Ordered the Deluxe + DVD and have yet to receive anything or even get a shipping email. I sent them and email yesterday and have yet to hear back on that too.

I sent one this morning, but with being on the west coast, they don't even open until noon my time.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

shuffle

Post by shuffle »

shuffle wrote:hmm...looks like rough trade sent my disc on thursday, wonder how long it'll take it to get here...

so rough trade only sent the vinyl without the bonus cd. wtf. it says the order status is "part shipped" but why would they leave the rough trade exclusive which was specifically advertised and just send the regular vinyl? makes no sense at all.
http://twitter.com/birdsneedfeet
http://www.birdsneedfeet.com/

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Man, what a clusterfuck. Sounds like I'll get the SRO reissue in the mail before most of you get the GGB pre-order.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

meanjoegreen wrote:
CooleyGirl wrote:
TW_2.0 wrote:Does anyone know if the pre-orders were through TopSpin Media or Music Today ?

I pre-ordered the deluxe package on the first day of the on sale, and haven't received even a shipment notification email.

Was trying to figure out who to contact.

Frustrating - I should have just given the $$$ to my local record shop instead.

TopSpin.

Grrr, it is supposedly coming via DHL, but my tracking number pulls up nothing on the DHL website. I just sent an email to customerservice@audiolife.com

CG - I got the same thing. DHL number doesnt work.....let me know what they email back to you......see ya friday.

So I haven't gotten a response from my email from yesterday afternoon, but DHL tracking is now working. As of yesterday morning, it was in CA somewhere, but no update on where it is today. We'll see what happens when I get home, but I'm not holding my breath. I agree that it might be time to re-evaluate TopSpin, they don't seem to understand the concept of a pre-order. I do not place any blame with DBT, just a bit annoyed with TopSpin.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

roland

Post by roland »

Mine got to GA last night! Too bad I'm in NC. This has been amazing how fucked up all aspects of this release has been. There's nothing left to do but laugh.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Absolutely Roland and Cooleygirl. My guess is that if the band has heard of this, they are nearly as frustrated as we are.

However, as long as Top Spin handles it in the future, I think my days of pre-ordering are done. I can make a trip to Shake It, which I would actually enjoy, instead of trying to figure how long after the release date I'll actually get something, despite paying ridiculous shipping charges.

And what kind of business practice is it to not ship stuff until after the release date despite billing it as a "pre-order?"

Sorry for the rant. Just a bit frustrated.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

I've lost the e-mail with the link to my tracking thingy. Can someone give me an e-mail addy to send an e-mail to TopSpin to try to get my tracking number again? Thanks
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

Weird, my stuff came a day early, on Monday. Granted I only ordered the CD and DVD and no vinyl.

(though I won't be home to retrieve the package for a few days, so it's entirely possible they sent me the wrong stuff! ;) )

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Gator McKlusky wrote:
Lurleen McQueen wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:First listen to an actual cd on the real stereo and it sounds sooooo good!

Also as i posted in the NC, 3DD, marklynn, jonicont, olwiggum and lurleen mcqueen all get shout outs in the liner notes :D

What? Where? Holy Cow. For what? :shock:

You need a magnifying glass and a police chopper searchlight to see it though!

Ooops! :oops: Gator was more right than he knew. Upon further review, there's also a shout out to our own Jimmy "the cheese man" C in the liner notes. My most humble apologies, mr jimmy.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Haven't gotten my vinyl preorder yet, but...

I've been rocking the digi-files all day long.

Virgil Caine

Post by Virgil Caine »

Still haven't gotten my pre-order. Called DHL. They said a company called DHL Global, which is basically a middle man, is handling it. Eventually, the US Postal Service will deliver the package. I went to usps.com and entered my tracking number. Sure enough, it departed California yesterday. They waited until fucking release day to ship? Considering I live in TN and it is coming from CA, hopefully I get if by Friday. Hopefully these people will not be handling DBT's merch on the next record because this is really pissing me off. I could have just went to Grimey's downtown Nashville on Tuesday and not had to pay any shipping. Ok...done bitching now.
It's easier to let it all die a fairy tale than admit that something bigger's passing through

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Hey Lurleen, here is the email address: customerservice@audiolife.com

I have now emailed them twice with no response, and don't have the "pre-order". looks like it is stuck in CA, and I'm in CT. we ordered the super deluxe with every extra we could get. feeling frustrated with TopSpin, grrr.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

CooleyGirl wrote:Hey Lurleen, here is the email address: customerservice@audiolife.com

I have now emailed them twice with no response, and don't have the "pre-order". looks like it is stuck in CA, and I'm in CT. we ordered the super deluxe with every extra we could get. feeling frustrated with TopSpin, grrr.

I'll e-mail them tomorrow morning. I ordered the whole shooting match, too - except maybe not the t-shirt? I'm leaving for Cali Friday to go meet Giacomo for the first time and won't get home until late Tuesday night. There had better be a whole box of goodies waiting for me upon my return from the West Coast.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Got my stuff this morning. Vinyl+DVD. Hopefully you all get yrs today as well.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

I don't really have a problem with stuff shipping late. I was sent the digital so I can listen but the lack of communication pisses me off. If people email you you respond. Especially when it's clear lot's of people have questions. Just bad business.

And I'm still waiting for a shipping email and a response email.

Is it me or does it seem to be a bigger problem for those of us that ordered the deluxe?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Two quick questions:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who has contacted Audiolife/Topspin gotten any response from them? Email, phone, carrier pigeon, smoke signals?

And: has anyone who has ordered the Deluxe Package actually gotten the whole thing (vinyl, plain-case CD, Episodes DVD, Freed prints)?

Just wondering.

roland

Post by roland »

Dave wrote:Two quick questions:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who has contacted Audiolife/Topspin gotten any response from them? Email, phone, carrier pigeon, smoke signals?

And: has anyone who has ordered the Deluxe Package actually gotten the whole thing (vinyl, plain-case CD, Episodes DVD, Freed prints)?

Just wondering.

Dave- I couldn't even find a phone number for Audiolife or Topspin, and the email I sent Tuesday hasn't been replied to. According to my link to USPS tracking, it's showing out for delivery today, but my mail usually doesn't usually come until 4 or 5. This is just piss poor for what we paid for expedited shipping. There is no excuse to start the shipping process on release day. I hope that Jenn or someone can relate this to the band and they get a proper distributor next time around. These guys at Topspin are amateur hour.

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 9267 6600 1000 0354 38
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item is out for delivery at 9:24 am on February 17, 2011 in WINSTON SALEM, NC 27107.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Out for Delivery, February 17, 2011, 9:24 am, WINSTON SALEM, NC 27107
Bullet Sorting Complete, February 17, 2011, 9:14 am, WINSTON SALEM, NC 27107
Bullet Arrival at Post Office, February 17, 2011, 9:12 am, WINSTON SALEM, NC 27107
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 16, 2011
Bullet Departed Shipping Partner Facility, February 15, 2011, 2:44 am, CARSON, CA 90746
Bullet Picked Up by Shipping Partner, February 14, 2011, 9:45 pm, VAN NUYS, CA 91406
Bullet Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, February 14, 2011, 9:45 pm, CARSON, CA 90746

davec53

Post by davec53 »

Dave wrote:Two quick questions:

Just wondering.

i was curious about this too....is this a Deluxe Vinyl problem mainly?

and is it so they could get our stuff signed by the band?? :D

cortez the killer

Re: Go Go Boots Lyrics

Post by cortez the killer »

Late4Church wrote:The first thing i think that she may have died from was drugs or, something to do with the men she came to know in california.
The line about just breathing here can make a girls nose bleed makes me think of an overdose.

I take it to mean accidental suicide by drug overdose. Granted, trying figure out what Cooley means typically can be an exercise in futility. But I suspect the clue lies in the line about breathing here making the nose bleed. Not as randomly placed as it seems if you subscribe to the drug overdose interpretation.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Sorry, but picking through some already-discussed topics from earlier in the thread. I recently stumbled across this old piece by producer/musician/social commentator Steve Albini and it immediately brought to mind "Assholes."
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

roland

Post by roland »

^ Great read.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

shuffle wrote:
shuffle wrote:hmm...looks like rough trade sent my disc on thursday, wonder how long it'll take it to get here...

so rough trade only sent the vinyl without the bonus cd. wtf. it says the order status is "part shipped" but why would they leave the rough trade exclusive which was specifically advertised and just send the regular vinyl? makes no sense at all.

If this happens to me, I'm gonna be mad. By the way, how did you get a tracking number?

roland

Post by roland »

Mail came early! From top to bottom:

T-shirt- correct size
SIGNED THANK-YOU CARD FROM THE BAND- included
3 Wes Freed prints- badass, one signed/numbered
bubble wrap- taped
Documentary and Web episode DVDs
more bubble wrap
Vinyl- fucking heavy
CD- in the album sleeve

Hang on, folks... they are actually coming!

Virgil Caine

Post by Virgil Caine »

Are ya'lls albums being delivered by DHL or the Postal Service?
It's easier to let it all die a fairy tale than admit that something bigger's passing through

roland

Post by roland »

Postal service

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Count me among those disgruntled pre-orderers who has yet to receive anything. Was a bummer being at my record store the other day and seeing it on the shelf.

davec53

Post by davec53 »

Mine is apparently still in the skies between Carson, California and West Liberty, KY....it left there yesterday morning at around 6am....must have encountered some turbulence. :)

I hope to check that tracking info in the morning and see that it has been handed off to the USPS and is out for delivery...we shall see.

And hopefully, if it does arrive, it is what I ordered...lol....AND includes a signed thank you card!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:Sorry, but picking through some already-discussed topics from earlier in the thread. I recently stumbled across this old piece by producer/musician/social commentator Steve Albini and it immediately brought to mind "Assholes."

This one needs to be read by everyone who regularly contributes to our various extended discussions and bookmarked, so it can end a lot of those threads quickly. Imagine that: Actual facts!! :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Man, I really hope the band is aware of this shit. Hopefully somebody (not sure if it's the label or the band) ought to be getting some serious money back from these clowns and more importantly, hopefully they'll find better partners going forward. Altho i wonder how many of y'all will be willing to risk pre ordering next time. I was already scared off by the TBTD fiasco so my local store can count on at least one loyal customer already lol.

gerg

Post by gerg »

beantownbubba wrote:Man, I really hope the band is aware of this shit. Hopefully somebody (not sure if it's the label or the band) ought to be getting some serious money back from these clowns and more importantly, hopefully they'll find better partners going forward. Altho i wonder how many of y'all will be willing to risk pre ordering next time. I was already scared off by the TBTD fiasco so my local store can count on at least one loyal customer already lol.

This is pretty weak. I've never pre-ordered anything in my life, but if I had pre-ordered this, I would be pissed off. The whole idea is a diehard fan who wants to get it immediately upon it's availability. Unless you're collector scum counting on something selling out, which I doubt is the case with anybody here. On the other hand, these guys are on the road and have been on the road for a long time, busting their asses hard to bring us the rock show. So...eh...whatevs. I'm sure Patterson will get word about it and try to fix it when he has the available RAM to do so. For now, hopefully this headache stays away from their radar. It's unfortunate, but what are ya gonna do aside from learn from it.