Go-Go Boots Discussion Thread

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

roland

Re: Go-Go Boots Discussion Thread

Post by roland »

Fatah Ruark wrote:My tracking number also shows my stuff in California. Joy.

Last time around I had to get them to send me the bonus track MP3 (which they claimed wasn't part of the deal come the release date). This time around they ship the goods late.

DBT...time to get yourself a new distributor.

Not a huge deal because I have the album already...but crappy customer service just ticks me off.

Same here. Package left CA at 2:45 this morning. I'm thinking I won't be watching TSTAHE tonight. I've also had the album for a couple of months, so I'm not freaking out, but disappointed that I paid I think $25 for shipping and still can't get it on release day.

shuffle

Post by shuffle »

hmm...looks like rough trade sent my disc on thursday, wonder how long it'll take it to get here...
http://twitter.com/birdsneedfeet
http://www.birdsneedfeet.com/

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

The album sounds so good on vinyl.
Keep calm and have a cigar

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Fool No Where wrote:
sg207 wrote:I haven't received an email from itunes yet either. And before I left for work today, I tried the "check for available downloads." It said there was nothing. We'll see what happens when I get home later.

Same here. Fuckin itunes. I hope I remember this next time I think I want to pre-order something from them.

I only pre-ordered from itunes because it was DBT, and I wanted the bonus tracks.

And while everybody is claiming that their tracking numbers show their shipments in California, I've yet to get an email saying what I've ordered has even shipped.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Went out to Best Buy (although I hated giving them business) and grabbed The Secret to A Happy Ending and Go Go Boots at lunch.

The sound quality is excellent. This album could be up there as one of their best to date.

ariedl

Post by ariedl »

Got my copy of the pre-ordered CD and DVD in the mail today, so hopefully some of you will get yours as well. Still haven't been able to download the iTunes Deluxe version of the album, but I'm also hopeful they'll take care of that soon. Now if I could just find the bonus CD somewhere!

Alec

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Despite all the online ordering, i-tunes and everything else, it looks like good old fashioned bricks and mortar stores are what came through on this release day. I was going to order it through the band, but figured my local stores have been good to me so if I was going to drop that amount of cash in one shot, let the record store get it.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

First listen to an actual cd on the real stereo and it sounds sooooo good!

Also as i posted in the NC, 3DD, marklynn, jonicont, olwiggum and lurleen mcqueen all get shout outs in the liner notes :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

beantownbubba wrote:Also as i posted in the NC, 3DD, marklynn, jonicont, olwiggum and lurleen mcqueen all get shout outs in the liner notes :D

Very cool that they listed them as there 3DD handles.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

beantownbubba wrote:First listen to an actual cd on the real stereo and it sounds sooooo good!

Also as i posted in the NC, 3DD, marklynn, jonicont, olwiggum and lurleen mcqueen all get shout outs in the liner notes :D

I looked all over the liner notes and couldn't find them. I have the regular vinyl. Is it only on the deluxe and the cd booklet?
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jeremy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Also as i posted in the NC, 3DD, marklynn, jonicont, olwiggum and lurleen mcqueen all get shout outs in the liner notes :D

Very cool that they listed them as there 3DD handles.

Ooops...they did for the first 3 but not lurleen.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

For some reason "I Hear You Hummin'" made me think of Melanie.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Life is good. And yea, the vinyl really does sound better.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

It's great to be alive. Record release day. Got a new DBT slab 'o vinyl on the turntable. And I am about to watch The Secret to a Happy Ending.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Happy for all you fornicators out there that have yours already....Guess I'll have the opportunity to test my patience for a few more days. CA to GA I'm hoping by Friday. :evil:
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

FlounderinDC

Post by FlounderinDC »

I posted this in the other thread, but if you did the deluxe through iTunes it should be good to go. I FINALLY got an email from them and the link worked.

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

beantownbubba wrote:First listen to an actual cd on the real stereo and it sounds sooooo good!

What? Where? Holy Cow. For what? :shock:
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:

Don't be playing all humble and innocent w/ us, girl. ;)

PS: For being a major babe and all around supremo rock chick, i assume.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:

You need a magnifying glass and a police chopper searchlight to see it though!
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tsk, tsk, don't be a jealous gator now. :lol: U speak the truth tho; i was very proud of myself for spotting it.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

I am surprised at your age you could. :D
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Gator McKlusky wrote:I am surprised at your age you could. :D

That's what she said last nite.

W/ reading glasses, of course (aka magnifying glass)

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

beantownbubba wrote:
Lurleen McQueen wrote:

Don't be playing all humble and innocent w/ us, girl. ;)

PS: For being a major babe and all around supremo rock chick, i assume.

I can't pull off innocent, but I always try for humble. I really didn't know anything about this. That's awesome! I'll get my magnifying glass ready! I'm afraid my package is going to arrive while I'm in California this weekend meeting my new nephew - It'll have to wait until next Tuesday night when I get home! Thanks for the Eagle-Eye BTB!!! Oh and "Supremo Rock Chick" - I like.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Dave

Post by Dave »

I think Audiolife (the company sending out the packages - or at least mine) messed up my order, but I wanted to check before I annoy the underpaid/overworked customer service staff.

The "Secret to a Happy Ending" DVD and the Go-Go Boots Episodes on DVD (available in the Deluxe package for pre-order) are two different things right? I ordered the deluxe package, and got a copy of the documentary DVD (and no copy of any DVD with Go-Go Boots episodes). I just want to be sure I understood all this before interacting with people who can fix things.

Humorously, I think they screwed up every single thing in my order. The Deluxe package is vinyl, a plain CD (in the vinyl), the special DVD (not the documentary), and the Wes Freed prints. What I got delivered this morning was the documentary DVD, the "for sale" version of the CD (artwork, liner notes, etc.), and a T-shirt (which, just to make the cherry on top of the sundae, is the wrong size). At least I got the digital downloads to listen to.

Anyone else having issues?

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:I can't pull off innocent, but I always try for humble. I really didn't know anything about this. That's awesome! I'll get my magnifying glass ready! I'm afraid my package is going to arrive while I'm in California this weekend meeting my new nephew - It'll have to wait until next Tuesday night when I get home! Thanks for the Eagle-Eye BTB!!! Oh and "Supremo Rock Chick" - I like.

:D
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

davec53

Post by davec53 »

Dave wrote:I think Audiolife (the company sending out the packages - or at least mine) messed up my order, but I wanted to check before I annoy the underpaid/overworked customer service staff.

The "Secret to a Happy Ending" DVD and the Go-Go Boots Episodes on DVD (available in the Deluxe package for pre-order) are two different things right? I ordered the deluxe package, and got a copy of the documentary DVD (and no copy of any DVD with Go-Go Boots episodes). I just want to be sure I understood all this before interacting with people who can fix things.

Humorously, I think they screwed up every single thing in my order. The Deluxe package is vinyl, a plain CD (in the vinyl), the special DVD (not the documentary), and the Wes Freed prints. What I got delivered this morning was the documentary DVD, the "for sale" version of the CD (artwork, liner notes, etc.), and a T-shirt (which, just to make the cherry on top of the sundae, is the wrong size). At least I got the digital downloads to listen to.

Anyone else having issues?

Holy Crap! That IS a mixup.

I ordered the Deluxe package PLUS the documentary. I THINK it is on its way, but the DHL tracking number they sent from Audiolife/Topspin wasn't even working until just a few minutes ago, and mine doesn't appear to have even left the state of California yet...and apparently, when it arrives, it may be a crapshoot on whether I get what I actually ordered...lol

Like you, glad I have the digital download to hold me over.

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

davec53 wrote:Holy Crap! That IS a mixup.

I ordered the Deluxe package PLUS the documentary. I THINK it is on its way, but the DHL tracking number they sent from Audiolife/Topspin wasn't even working until just a few minutes ago, and mine doesn't appear to have even left the state of California yet...and apparently, when it arrives, it may be a crapshoot on whether I get what I actually ordered...lol

Like you, glad I have the digital download to hold me over.

My DHL number is still not working. I sent an email last night complaining about the $17 shipping charge on a $100 order. Still no word. I of course hold none of this against the truckers, but I do hope they find a new distributor for their next album.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

If I started a company that handled merchandise pre orders for bands I would call it the, We Won't Fuck It Up Pre Order Company.
Keep calm and have a cigar

davec53

Post by davec53 »

sactochris wrote:If I started a company that handled merchandise pre orders for bands I would call it the, We Won't Fuck It Up Pre Order Company.

perfect.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Ordered the Deluxe + DVD and have yet to receive anything or even get a shipping email. I sent them and email yesterday and have yet to hear back on that too.