The Fillmore, San Francisco, California March 4 & 5

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sactochris

The Fillmore, San Francisco, California March 4 & 5

Post by sactochris »

I made my hotel reservation yesterday and I just ordered tickets a minute ago. I guess it's all systems go on my end. How about you?
Keep calm and have a cigar

Slipkid42

Re: The Fillmore, San Francisco, California March 4 & 5

Post by Slipkid42 »

I thought they closed the Fillmore?
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Slipkid42 wrote:I thought they closed the Fillmore?

Think you're thinking of Winterland.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

bovine knievel wrote:

Nah, I had this record a long time ago called the last days of the Fillmore (or something like that). It had the Dead & Santana & Quicksilver on it. I remember it was a big event (the closing). I guess they reopened when I was in my 'lost' years.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Tickets for both nights - CHECK
Two nights at the Kabuki - CHECK

See y'all there...

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Slipkid42 wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:

Nah, I had this record a long time ago called the last days of the Fillmore (or something like that). It had the Dead & Santana & Quicksilver on it. I remember it was a big event (the closing). I guess they reopened when I was in my 'lost' years.

Slip you did have an LP of that event,
in 71 Bill Graham closed up the Fillmore West for a bit,
it reopened a few years later, survived the '89 quake, and well, 'the rest is history'...
Had our first DBT solo sellout last May,
hoping for another couple night of capacity crowd at the RAWK Show in 3 months...

You guys know i'm in...
WWCD???
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Slipkid42 wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:

That record was recorded during the last days of the Fillmore West, which was on Market & Van Ness. The last time I looked I think the building was a Volvo dealership. The current Fillmore, is also the original Fillmore, at 1805 Geary. Bill Graham opened The Fillmore West after the original Fillmore could no longer hold the larger crowds that were turning out to see the shows he was promoting. He re opened the Fillmore in the late 80's only to have it closed after the Loma Prieta earthguake in late 1989, which also destroyed the church where The People's Temple was housed before leaving for Jonestown, Guyana. A post office now stands in it's former location. The Fillmore was re-opened by Bill Graham Presents in 1994 three years after the death of the companies namesake. It has continued to operate at as a live music venue ever since.

I hope to see lot's of you folks there in March. It's my alltime favorite venue, even though, at this point, it's a big corporate brand, and a double Stella Artios on tap, is thirteen fucking dollars.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

looks like the Saturday is already SOLD OUT! :D

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

bovine knievel wrote:looks like the Saturday is already SOLD OUT! :D

Ticketrapist still has tickets for Saturday. I think it's just the bands allotment of tickets that get get sold on the website that are sold out.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

sactochris wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:looks like the Saturday is already SOLD OUT! :D

Ticketrapist still has tickets for Saturday. I think it's just the bands allotment of tickets that get get sold on the website that are sold out.

Thanks, Sactochris.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Sure wish I could be there with y'all again. Great memories from last May. We will, however, be in Vegas for the show on the 3rd, so get yer Ya Ya's on and tool it on down and join us in LV to start your rockin' weekend the right way! Vegas is only a hop, skip and a jump, right?

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Got mine. Yep, there's a girl going to these shows.

Fees doubled at Ticketbastard over DBT's ticket dudes. (But those ticket dudes couldn't help me when I wanted to separate my Athens tickets under two names, so, you know....)

See you miscreants there. I expect every one of you (and wwcd) to buy me a drink at some point over the two nights.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

No running and enjoy the apple!!!
NSFW

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

littlemamma wrote:No running and enjoy the apple!!!

I'll be sure to buy you a drink, OBL.

We'll miss you, UTHeathen

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Is it March yet?

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

sactochris wrote:Is it March yet?

45 long days until a west coast RAWK Show...
wondering if they'll book any shows during the 3 days off between CA and OR?
taking Highway 101 North is awfuly nice that time of year...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So I bought an extra ticket to the Troubador show on 3/7 on the off-chance someone was planning to drive down and didn't get a ticket. (They were still available the last time I looked.) If that's you and you'd like to let me tag along, let me know. If I don't find a date for the show, you can have it at cost and I'll split the gas and the driving down.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:So I bought an extra ticket to the Troubador show on 3/7 on the off-chance someone was planning to drive down and didn't get a ticket. (They were still available the last time I looked.) If that's you and you'd like to let me tag along, let me know. If I don't find a date for the show, you can have it at cost and I'll split the gas and the driving down.

If it was a weekend, I'd totally do it.

- bubba

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

Heads up, more info beginning of next week, but a Northern California Album Release Party is being put together at Flora Springs Winery in St. Helena, Napa, CA. Flora Springs is the winery that produced the Ghost Wine with the Wes Freed label last October.

Swag, including a pair of tickets for Friday and Saturday night will be given away. We'll be playing all the songs on the record. Other goodies to be determined.

I'll post a FB event once created. The date is Saturday, 2/12 at Flora Springs 'The Room' on Hwy 29.

J.

John A Arkansawyer

one belt loop wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:So I bought an extra ticket to the Troubador show on 3/7 on the off-chance someone was planning to drive down and didn't get a ticket. (They were still available the last time I looked.) If that's you and you'd like to let me tag along, let me know. If I don't find a date for the show, you can have it at cost and I'll split the gas and the driving down.

If you take the day off, it'll be a weekend. Take two, and it'll be a long weekend. (Easy for me to say--my vacation time balance will go to zero on this.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

sfbamaAAW wrote:Heads up, more info beginning of next week, but a Northern California Album Release Party is being put together at Flora Springs Winery in St. Helena, Napa, CA. Flora Springs is the winery that produced the Ghost Wine with the Wes Freed label last October.

Swag, including a pair of tickets for Friday and Saturday night will be given away. We'll be playing all the songs on the record. Other goodies to be determined.

I'll post a FB event once created. The date is Saturday, 2/12 at Flora Springs 'The Room' on Hwy 29.

J.

Yay! Thanks!

- bubba

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
one belt loop wrote:

If you take the day off, it'll be a weekend. Take two, and it'll be a long weekend. (Easy for me to say--my vacation time balance will go to zero on this.)

Super busy time of year for me at work, unfortunately.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

one belt loop wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:If you take the day off, it'll be a weekend. Take two, and it'll be a long weekend. (Easy for me to say--my vacation time balance will go to zero on this.)

Super busy time of year for me at work, unfortunately.

I shouldn't tease you about the rock show, especially since I may not manage to make any of this trip myself. We'll see.

kendix

Post by kendix »

sfbamaAAW wrote:Heads up, more info beginning of next week, but a Northern California Album Release Party is being put together at Flora Springs Winery in St. Helena, Napa, CA. Flora Springs is the winery that produced the Ghost Wine with the Wes Freed label last October.

J.

I haven't been up 29 in a coon's age and am totally into this idea. What time are you thinking?
I'll write you a letter tomorrow. Tonight I can't hold a pen.

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

I haven't been up 29 in a coon's age and am totally into this idea. What time are you thinking?

Still working out a few details, kendix, but start time will be either 5 or 6 PM on Saturday, 2/12.

Hope to have an announcement out tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted.

JPW

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

30days till the RAWK Shows at the Fillmore...
not that i'm counting, but i can't fking wait!

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

Y'all come hang out in beautiful Napa on 2/12 for the Go-Go Boots Album Release Party hosted by Flora Springs Winery.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106228872788381
Join me (JPW) at Flora Springs Winery - 'The Room' on 2/12 from 5-8 for the Northern California Go-Go Boots Album Release Party.

We'll be spinning Go-Go Boots in its entirety three days before its official release on 2/15.

We'll also be giving away a pair of tickets to each night of DBT's two night run at The Fillmore in San Francisco on 3/4 and 3/5. A Go-Go Boots CD, a DVD of the band's documentary 'The Secret to a Happy Ending' (also released on 2/15), a poster, and a bottle of wine will also be given away.

Wes Freed created the label for Flora Springs' Cab Franc 'Ghost Wine' last year.

Wine will be available for purchase by the glass or the bottle and the finest of free snacks will be present.

Come on out to beautiful Napa for some wine and Rock! Hope to see you there! JPW

Rock.

cre618

Post by cre618 »

I may have just done something completely unethical. I just changed a business trip to SF to the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Completely fabricated a reason (which turned out to be true), just so I could get up there for the Fillmore shows. Hooray! Ticket's purchased....we'll see if this plan comes to fruition!

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

cre618 wrote:I may have just done something completely unethical. I just changed a business trip to SF to the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Completely fabricated a reason (which turned out to be true), just so I could get up there for the Fillmore shows. Hooray! Ticket's purchased....we'll see if this plan comes to fruition!

I got my fingers crossed pal.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

cre618 wrote:I may have just done something completely unethical. I just changed a business trip to SF to the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Completely fabricated a reason (which turned out to be true), just so I could get up there for the Fillmore shows. Hooray! Ticket's purchased....we'll see if this plan comes to fruition!

Well Played Cre618...
I am going crazy waiting for these shows to get here...