New Shows

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

New Shows

Post by rlipps »

bovine knievel

Re: New Shows

Post by bovine knievel »

F-ya

2 nights at the Fillmore!!
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Glad to see you PNW's getting some love
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

bovine knievel wrote:F-ya

2 nights at the Fillmore!!

:D

And one in Eugene! Might go visit my little duck up there.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I'm so broke I'm afraid to look, but I'm going to anyway.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

I'm hearing rumors of an April show at Beachland in Cleveland...fingers crossed.

SouthernFriedCanuck

Post by SouthernFriedCanuck »

Friday night show here in Vancouver at the best venue in the city: The Commodore Ballroom!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!
"It's fucking great to be alive!"

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

To the best of my knowledge, the DBT's have never played in Las Vegas, so this one has been on my wish list for a while.
I'm really looking forward to adding my favorite band, the Drive-By Truckers to long list of crazy shows in Vegas, including
four years of Grateful Dead, Janes Addiction, and Vegoose with Panic and Petty.

Thankfully, this time what happens in Vegas isn't going to stay in Vegas. a couple of weeks later I'm gonna have to add Colorado
to my list of states that I've seen DBT's in (6 and counting). No show booked in Salt Lake (yet), but the Missoula, Boise leg would
be fun as hell.

Another reason to go on living! See ya at the rock show!
Last edited by UTHeathen on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Yeah baby!
2 Nights at the Fillmore,
Merry Christmas to me...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

What?? No Southern California love???? :x :x :x

I hope there will be more dates added soon.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Someone is going to have a case of the mondays on Feb 28th. We went in the ditch on the way home the last time DBT played in Omaha in February. Nothing serious (drove right out), but hopefully it won't be repeated.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I just booked a room at my favorite San Francisco hotel for the 4th & 5th of March. I figured I would start with the room and work from there. I have no idea how I'm going to pull this trip off. I guess by hook or by crook, you can count me in.

P.S. My favorite S.F. hotel is now 100% smoke free. No more cigars by the pool. They said you can still smoke pot though. God I love living in Northern California.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

sactochris wrote:I just booked a room at my favorite San Francisco hotel for the 4th & 5th of March. I figured I would start with the room and work from there. I have no idea how I'm going to pull this trip off. I guess by hook or by crook, you can count me in.

P.S. My favorite S.F. hotel is now 100% smoke free. No more cigars by the pool. They said you can still smoke pot though. God I love living in Northern California.

I admire your spirit and determination, sactochris :D

As well as your choice in hotels. That's classic :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

beantownbubba wrote:
sactochris wrote:I just booked a room at my favorite San Francisco hotel for the 4th & 5th of March. I figured I would start with the room and work from there. I have no idea how I'm going to pull this trip off. I guess by hook or by crook, you can count me in.

I admire your spirit and determination, sactochris :D

As well as your choice in hotels. That's classic :lol:

You could always hop on a plane if you like.

DeadDrunk&Naked

Post by DeadDrunk&Naked »

2011 is going to be a great year. Hoping to head to nashville at the end of the month. In the midst of making Vegas plans. (My birthday is the same day, how nice.) Already have rooms booked and tickets purchased for both nights at the ogden in denver. And if the rumor of them playing in cleveland at the beachland is true, no question will I be there..and hopefully many more. See you there.
my shits fucked up

SeanP

Post by SeanP »

im gonna do the huntsville and nashville shows!!! and also gonna do the chicago shows at the vic got spring break that week... so what the hell!

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

I find it somewhat interesting that in light of Patterson dropping hints that DBT is going to start dialing it down this year the band is very soon going to embark on one their longest touring legs in recent memory. starting 02/16 in York, PA they begin a leg that spans four weeks. Granted, there's a gap of nearly a week between DC and Chicago but from a routing standpoint alone that stretch is as lengthy and grueling as any they've undertaken in quite some time.

Patterson says a lot of it has to do with the fact that families are growing and it gets harder to be away from them as time goes on. I totally understand that as someone who used to travel a lot for work. In fact, I quit that job for exactly the reasons Patterson talks about. That said, I think Patterson isn't being entirely honest with himself. These guys aren't spring chickens any more. The physical toll and the time it takes to recover from one night to the next and one tour leg to the next has got to be increasing. It's inconceivable that it isn't a consideration also.

Bottom line: Get out and see this band as much as you can if you aren't already. It may not be the beginning of the end yet, but as fans going to the shows it behooves us to start thinking in terms of every time being the last time. Nobody knew the Jason era was over until after the fact. It's entirely possible the band may end on a similar note.

Not trying to be gloomy or pessimistic. Just something to consider.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Patterson was talking about taking time off after the Go-Go Boots tour. They might be packing as many dates into the first half of the year so they can spend the summer and fall at home.

Yes, being a touring band is grueling but there are many other jobs that require a whole lot of travel. Long haul truck drivers, people who sell software to businesses. My drummer works for Sony BMG and he spends a lot of time traveling in his job.

Touring is how musicians make their living. It is not by any means easy and it looks more romantic from the outside of the tour bus than it is on the inside. For the fans, going to a DBT concert is a night out. Everything, from the pre-gig meet-ups to the after parties is a whole lot of fun. But the band and crew are working. It is their job. Sure, it is a career they love, but it is work nonetheless.

I looked at the February itinerary and thought the same thing, that it looked grueling, especially in the winter months. During the winter there are more illnesses floating around and if one person sneezes everyone else on the bus catches it.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts