Wes Freed Art Thread

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Wes Freed Art Thread

Post by Smitty »

***MADE TO ORDER*** Please order soon to receive before the holiday***

I've been makin ' a few of these for our friends kids , and thought , maybe I'd put them up here to see if anyone else was interested . This one is 18'' ( that's INCHES Spinal Tap fans ) in diameter , and that's about the size they'll all be , unless someone wants one bigger , or smaller , of course.

They are plywood , ( half inch) painted & waxed like the acrylic on wood paintings .

And they will be $150 , and made to order ( I ain't gonna be settin' on a whole pile of these things , I'm one at a timin' it here , not mass producin...) . So here it is , at least cats dig it .

Oh , & they have an eye hook to hang 'em high ...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=194258&id=328616341417
Last edited by Smitty on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Smitty

Re: Wes Freed Art Thread

Post by Smitty »

We're awful proud of this Big To-Do book here at the Shop. It's got illustrations for every song from the B T-D , along with poster art , lyrics , excellent band photos by Danny Clinch , Pattersons insightful liner notes , and forewords by Ray McKinnon & No Depression editor Grant Alden. It is available now , signed (by me) , for $15 , including shipping (US).
Git ye some!

Contact Wes to place an order:

freed@mindspring.com

Also , to order a BT-D book , just send a check or MO , $15 (US) payable to Jyl Freed , to : the Freeds 1902 S. Battery Dr. Richmond , Va 23222, & I'll get one right out to you! Thanks,-Wes
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

RevMatt

Re: Wes Freed Art Thread

Post by RevMatt »

I asked Jyl about a commission piece this past fall. I wanted Alex Harvey. The prices for a portrait are between 1,200 and 1,500. I think this is reasonable for an artist of Freed's stature. Prints of other pieces he's done like Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash go for about $50. This would make a great Christmas present.

I am holding off on the Alex Harvey portrait because, being the egomaniac that I am, I might want a portrait of me riding on my Triumph. Wes Freed is a Triumph enthusiast and owns an old Trumpet from the seventies. Many of the bikes in his paintings are Triumphs, BSA's or Nortons. Great to see another Brit bike enthusiast. Just about everyone I know is partial to Harleys.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts