Go Go Boots Pre-Order

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Re: Go Go Boots Pre-Order

Post by Smitty »

Fingers crossed for Shonna singing "Lick It Up"
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I would pay good money to hear Cooley cover "God Gave Rock N' Roll To You"
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Man, I hate Kiss. :roll:

roland

Post by roland »

Did anyone else have trouble using their credit card? I got denied using 2 different cards and wound up having to use PayPal.

docs

Post by docs »

Ordered the delux plus dvd plus t.shirt $150 including shipping to uk ,thats gonna have to be xmas present off the wife even though i wont get it till Feb :)

jdwolf

Post by jdwolf »

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the whole first 200 people to order the deluxe edition getting a signed note from the band thanking them for their support??? I mean really...I've supported this band for years yet with the holidays, I may not be able to shell out the dough for this. My salary has been cut...times are hard......Never mind the fans that have supported them for years who may be unemployed and could never even consider buying this....Not trying to be a bitch but come on...working this job and all.... I thought they got it! Why not add it to every release...vinyl...cd whatever....

I still love ya DBT but although I can afford it, there's no way I could buy into this! Just on principal alone....
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

jdwolf wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the whole first 200 people to order the deluxe edition getting a signed note from the band thanking them for their support??? I mean really...I've supported this band for years yet with the holidays, I may not be able to shell out the dough for this. My salary has been cut...times are hard......Never mind the fans that have supported them for years who may be unemployed and could never even consider buying this....Not trying to be a bitch but come on...working this job and all.... I thought they got it! Why not add it to every release...vinyl...cd whatever....

I still love ya DBT but although I can afford it it, there's no way I could buy into this! Just on principal alone....

I think it is clear that DBT is thankful of everyone of their fans. This is just a way of saying thank you for being "able to shell out the dough for this" as it is clearly just an expansion of our very basic packages that I am sure they hope most fans can enjoy.

Also, hoping this album sells a shitload of copies, I doubt they would really want to hand sign all those notes from the band. Regardless of whether or not I am one of the first 200, I ordered the deluxe anyways. Really, what am I going to do with the note, carry it with me in my pocket all day with me? We all support the band in different ways, whether we go to 20 shows a year and only buy the digital copy, or go to one show a year, and buy the deluxe package.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

jdwolf wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the whole first 200 people to order the deluxe edition getting a signed note from the band thanking them for their support??? I mean really...I've supported this band for years yet with the holidays, I may not be able to shell out the dough for this. My salary has been cut...times are hard......Never mind the fans that have supported them for years who may be unemployed and could never even consider buying this....Not trying to be a bitch but come on...working this job and all.... I thought they got it! Why not add it to every release...vinyl...cd whatever....

I still love ya DBT but although I can afford it, there's no way I could buy into this! Just on principal alone....

No problem at all. I think that may be an incentive to get someone on the fence to buy it. DBT is a business. They need to make $$$. I think it's awesome that they put the Deluxe version together. It's pricey, but they are my favorite band, and I'm going to splurge on them. If it were another band I would probably just buy the Vinyl and hope I find someone else that has the extras to view/listen to them.

The music business is pretty difficult now. They need to do whatever it takes to get people to actually buy the music. Offering all of these options (along with the bonus items you can't download off some torrent site) increases the number of sales they will make.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Fatah Ruark wrote:
jdwolf wrote:The music business is pretty difficult now. They need to do whatever it takes to get people to actually buy the music. Offering all of these options (along with the bonus items you can't download off some torrent site) increases the number of sales they will make.

This is exactly correct. Unfortunately, bands are being forced to add all sorts of bells and whistles - from hand-drawn covers to offering to put fan's names in a song (seriously) - to combat the downloading minions. It's ridiculous that a good album just isn't enough anymore. DBT are more popular than ever, but I'd almost be willing to bet the numbers for GGB sold are not half the number of SRO sold. This is not a reflection on DBT, but the fact that the music business is experiencing something tantamount to a Great Depression. Everyone is taking a serious hit, from the chart-topping R&B artist down to your local noise band - people just aren't buying CDs / LPs. So, while it is more than likely more people actually will HEAR GGB than SRO, a good amount of those people will have stolen the music, and, well, you can't SoundScan illegal downloads.

I expected there'd be some sort of deluxe edition offered, and I told myself back in August that I'd splurge on it, and I'm really excited about the GGB Episodes. DBT are my favorite band, and there are only a few other bands I'm as loyal to (I didn't even shell out for that latest Bruce deluxe package). The only thing that bugged me about this promotion was the preposterously high shipping charge within the U.S.

I will, however, be mad if, in a few months, the GGB Episodes DVD is available separately. It's pretty much the reason I went for the Deluxe package (not sure what I'm gonna do with 3 12x12 Wes Freed prints - keep 'em in with the vinyl, I guess?).

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Fatah Ruark wrote:

No problem at all. I think that may be an incentive to get someone on the fence to buy it. DBT is a business. They need to make $$$. I think it's awesome that they put the Deluxe version together. It's pricey, but they are my favorite band, and I'm going to splurge on them. If it were another band I would probably just buy the Vinyl and hope I find someone else that has the extras to view/listen to them.

The music business is pretty difficult now. They need to do whatever it takes to get people to actually buy the music. Offering all of these options (along with the bonus items you can't download off some torrent site) increases the number of sales they will make.

I have zero problem with the tiered pricing or the incentive for early buyers. I saw it, decided I didn't have the funds to jump in the first day and I was good with it. Now yesterday I reassessed the financials and went ahead and ordered the deluxe package. I doubt I was one of the first 200, but if I was and if someone wants the hand signed note I'll give it up in exchange for someone donating $10 to Nuci's Space (hold me to that too, I'll remember and we'll see in February). It's not important to me. I hope it was very important to some folks though and it gave them an incentive to buy the package. Listen, Fatah Ruark is right, it's a tough business right now and a tough economy to boot. If the band succeeds we, as fans, succeed too. It would be different if the hand signed note was the only personal thing they've ever done for their fans, but it isn't. They sign things all the time if you catch them with a few extra minutes. They take pictures with fans, make song dedications from time to time, and often play songs based on what fans want to hear, whether someone tips them off or whatever. Want further proof? Read Trucker Tomer's account of his European adventure, take a look at the pictures and tell me that's not genuine. So the argument that offering an incentive for the first 200 folks is somehow a dis to the hardcore fans just doesn't wash with me.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

I fully intend to buy the whole shooting match when I get paid next Friday. I just don't have any money right now. But, I know I won't be in the first 200 that get the note from the band. But, you know what? I know they appreciate us as fans by the way they treat us at shows and by how patient they are with fans after the show wanting to say hi, even though I know they must feel like they have just run a marathon up there. Yeah, a note from all of them would be nice, but I don't need it to know how much they care about their fans. Just saying...
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

The only problem I have about them doing the signed note thing, and its not that huge of a deal, but this pushes people to order online and away from picking this up at there local independent record store. Not that they dont too a ton for them anyways, the record store day stuff and the in stores, but I try and support a few stores primarily and not buy online and that means I dont have a chance at any of these. Oh well, like I said, not that big of a deal.

Southern IL Trucker

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

anyone know when the next go go boots web episode is going to be posted?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jeremy wrote:The only problem I have about them doing the signed note thing, and its not that huge of a deal, but this pushes people to order online and away from picking this up at there local independent record store. Not that they dont too a ton for them anyways, the record store day stuff and the in stores, but I try and support a few stores primarily and not buy online and that means I dont have a chance at any of these. Oh well, like I said, not that big of a deal.

Very interesting point, Jeremy.

What's a poor band to do? I guess this is called hedging their bets, which makes sense to me. Gotta support the indy stores, 'cause that's where they're gonna get whatever retail distribution and promotion they're gonna get (and it's the right thing to do), but can't just rely on the indy stores 'cause there aren't eough of them any more and the future looks even worse. This seems like a reasonable compromise. I suppose they could do a promotion for at least a few of their more supportive stores where those stores get a few of the packages to offer to their first 3 or 5 customers or something, but i don't know that it really matters. Nobody's mentioned the drawing for the year's worth of rock show tix, but that seems like something that store purchasers might be able to get in on, too, tho i suppose that gets into messy multiple state laws on contests and such. Anyway, I'm sure the band members never realized back in HS that they'd need MBA's to be in a band. (I'll buy mine at the store, too, btw).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

I could probably figure this out for myself with some typing and a couple clicks, but is the deluxe package limited time only? I might spring for that, but not till after the holidays.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

FREE download of I Used To Be A Cop on GGB pre-order page:

www.drivebytruckers.com

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I'll be passing on the deluxe edition of this one just as I did for the deluxe edition of the last one, far too rich for my blood.

julianrch

Post by julianrch »

Shipping is way too expensive but if you live in the boonies like me you got no choice but drive to the city and then you wont get the bonus stuff.
Glad to have found out here, Im sad to get the emails from DBT now, they are so corporate and boring, just trying to sell us so I just block them
They were a lot more fun and personal when jenn and patterson wrote them, but i guess that is just how it goes, everybody sells their soul sooner or later.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

julianrch wrote:Glad to have found out here, Im sad to get the emails from DBT now, they are so corporate and boring, just trying to sell us so I just block them
They were a lot more fun and personal when jenn and patterson wrote them, but i guess that is just how it goes, everybody sells their soul sooner or later.

This is a heavy claim, Julian. Fact is, as a band gets bigger, it gets harder NOT to delegate some responsibility. The folks writing those press releases are hired by the label to deal with that so the band can focus on writing songs, touring, and being an awesome band. Don't be brainwashed by this modern notion of "every band has to be your friend on Myspace." None of our dads had any personal communication with Alice Cooper, the Eagles, or Creedence. We're lucky enough to have forums like this and lucky to be fans of a band that gives a shit about their fans.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

julianrch wrote:Shipping is way too expensive but if you live in the boonies like me you got no choice but drive to the city and then you wont get the bonus stuff.
Glad to have found out here, Im sad to get the emails from DBT now, they are so corporate and boring, just trying to sell us so I just block them

I'm having a bad day, and part of having a bad day is not giving enough of a shit to compensate for it. Sorry. Or not.

This is absurd, bordering on offensive. Your expectations of Patterson/the band have no basis in reality and do not acknowledge how exceptionally well these folks treat their fans, far on the outlying part of the curve. I wonder how purely you live your life.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

This band was so much better when you'd be able to get into a soundcheck and request a song for that night's show. Back then, not only would they play said song at the show, but they would perform it right in front of you in an empty theatre. DBT & you. Those were the days...

Clams

Post by Clams »

Given to Fly wrote:This band was so much better when you'd be able to get into a soundcheck and request a song for that night's show. Back then, not only would they play said song at the show, but they would perform it right in front of you in an empty theatre. DBT & you. Those were the days...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1280
If you don't run you rust

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

What do mean..."the band was so much better...". Maybe your personal experience was better , but this band is on top of their game and have not lost sight of their mission statement (take note of Tomer's testimony). That is magic. Take pause and consider how many more people are 'better' off for having discovered this band. They enrich my life on a daily basis and do so in a very essential deep-down-in-the-core of my being way.

I can never put it into words...like almost all of the most important things in my life. They become an unshakable part of me and just are. I can't imagine my world without this music and I will defend this band vigorously.

Just saying...
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

julianrch wrote:Shipping is way too expensive but if you live in the boonies like me you got no choice but drive to the city and then you wont get the bonus stuff.

I'm not sure about you but most of the updates I get from DBT are signed "Patterson Hood" just as they've always been. So, you're saying Patterson doesn't actually write them? If not, then I agree, they shouldn't attribute them to him but I've never gotten the impression they weren't written by Patterson.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

blessedcurse wrote:What do mean..."the band was so much better...". Maybe your personal experience was better , but this band is on top of their game and have not lost sight of their mission statement (take note of Tomer's testimony). That is magic. Take pause and consider how many more people are 'better' off for having discovered this band. They enrich my life on a daily basis and do so in a very essential deep-down-in-the-core of my being way.

I can never put it into words...like almost all of the most important things in my life. They become an unshakable part of me and just are. I can't imagine my world without this music and I will defend this band vigorously.

Just saying...

GTF's post was dripping in sarcasm, blessedcure.

See Clam's link above.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

:oops: :oops:

errrr...yeah...I knew that..hehe
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

We need a Tomer smiley! I would have used it there. Sorry for the confusion.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Given to Fly wrote:We need a Tomer smiley!

I full endorse the idea of a Tomer smiley!

Listen folks, much of this talk over the last several days that the GGB deluxe package is somehow unfair, or too corporate or that the band has stopped caring about the fans is some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. People, do not look a gift horse in the mouth. The deluxe package is a really nice option. Some people can afford it, some can't. that's just life. If you can't, I'm sorry about that but you're going to still get a kick ass album and if you go to a show or two you will leave happy and with your face melted off in the best way. Nobody wants to be a sycophant here, and there can be legitimate things you may not be happy with, but the over all fan friendly atmosphere of this band is as good or better than any rock band performing today. That's not hyperbole, that's fact. So I guess to summarize what I'm saying here is think before you bitch. End of rant.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

THIS
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Well said TC