Value of DBT "stuff"

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ramonz

Value of DBT "stuff"

Post by ramonz »

I was bidding a few days ago on eBay for a promo CD of "I Do Believe" (first track on upcoming GGB). I lost out after bidding $20 and going about my day. Was hoping I'd get it, but was also happy that another fan (hopefully) was snagging a little piece of DBT history for their own personal enjoyment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110613956391&si=UpVxwY5WyKfr4zlb%252BgBwcv7tZfM%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT#ht_851wt_1141

It got me thinking - other than signed guitars and the like, what else out there from DBT has "collectors" value? Or more importantly, what else out there would any of us die for to have in our man/woman cave, basement, office, etc. I thought the DBT/THS backdrop that was auctioned off for Nuci's Space a few years ago would go for more than the $1K or so it fetched.

On a side note, about 15 years ago - when I had some money! - I went on an eBay spree and bought 100 or so old Clash and Ramones 45s and other stuff to go with my old Ramones tees (from a bunch of early 80's shows I saw) and NY/punk 8 tracks. It's kind of crazy what that stuff is worth these days (if eBay bids are an indicator), but knowing that a little piece of my youth is preserved for my two girls is really where the value is for me. I'd never sell that stuff.

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Value of DBT "stuff"

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I think original copies of their first single fetch a pretty hefty price, as do copies of Alabama Ass Whuppin'.

Not sure what to think of the I Do Believe single being auctioned on eBay, sounds like it fell into the wrong hands and that person chose to profit from it. Personally, I wouldn't consider them a "fan".

ramonz

Re: Value of DBT "stuff"

Post by ramonz »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Not sure what to think of the I Do Believe single being auctioned on eBay, sounds like it fell into the wrong hands and that person chose to profit from it. Personally, I wouldn't consider them a "fan".

Agree - was wondering that myself. I was hoping to "keep it in the family," but it wasn't meant to be.