cooleys's amp

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tweedrules

cooleys's amp

Post by tweedrules »

Did anyone notice that cooley is playing through a Fender deluxe for europe. Guess he didn't want to travel with the somatone.

tweedrules

Re: cooleys's amp

Post by tweedrules »

I take that back it's a bassman

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

I think I remember reading that on a previous European tour the band only brought guitars and rented amps over there...

a side-track: I do notice that in the pictures I've seen of this European tour, Patterson is playing his SG in all of them...maybe he didn't want to fly with the goldtop.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

pearlysnaps wrote:I think I remember reading that on a previous European tour the band only brought guitars and rented amps over there...

that would make sense.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Hardly any musicians from the US bring their own stuff to Europe. Aside from the fact that it's ridiculously expensive to fly and / or ship that stuff, there is also the matter of the different electrical outlets. You can buy converters, but, again, hassle and expense. Even smaller touring bands have what they call 'backline,' which is just a catch-all word for the promoter or venue providing the 'big stuff' - PA, amps, cabs, heads, etc. It's just practical.

Hope this helps!