Groningen 11-18-2010 (Holy crap!!!)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Re: Groningen 11-18-2010 (Holy crap!!!)

Post by never going back »

Well, your first post gave me chills, your second post made me teary. Moments like that are what life is all about. Mazel tov!
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

TruckerTomer wrote:I told that to people here and many are very excited for me, cause they know my thing with music and what it means to me. But only you guys here can really understand deeply what is does to me, because of your own personal experiences with the band & shows I guess. Another related thing to my Angels & Fuselage peformance at the end is a line from my favorite movie of all time (Almost Famous) - "They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much...that it hurts".

You guys here can sure understand what I felt at that moment (and in the entire song and other experiences with the band on my journey). It's good to have a place when people can really know how it is...those moments with music you'll never forget.

It doesn't matter who you or where you're from, when you get it, you get it. You, my friend, are a welcome addition to this community and to 3DD in particular. I think every one here that has read your posts knows how you feel has been touched by your words and emotions about your experiences. Thanks for sharing and I sure hope to get a chance share a show with you some day.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

Thank you so much, guys...sorry I don't reply to everyone in personal, but all of your replies are in my heart and I'm very excited to see all the reactions to my story.

I was just listening to "World of Hurt" today (another high-light from my trip) and it's a song that can always lift me up at some times when you're thinkin' too much about stuff in life...The lyrics are always spot-on. And I was thinking about that week and it was really a week out of reality when you forget about everything and it gives a new meaning to the line "It's great to be alive...".

I'll upload the rest of the pics probably today & tomorrow :)
"I used to hate the fool in me, but only in the morning. Now I tolerate him all day long"

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

Best thread EVER.
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night