Go Go Boots and Secret To A Happy Ending Out Feb 15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: Go Go Boots and Secret To A Happy Ending Out Feb 15

Post by Iowan »

jimmyjack wrote:The trouble with "Eyes Like Glue" is it's atypically maudlin and earnest for Cooley - turgid, even. I appreciate the sentiment,and I don't think it's a bad song - on the contrary, it's sorta sweet - but I rely on Cooley to deliver the 'zinger' sorta lines, lines that me me laugh out loud, ore rewind back and say "did he just say what I thought he said?," etc - and there aren't any lyrics like that on that tune. It sounds resigned, tired...

I know "Strutter" is a Kiss song, and I also thought I knew everything there is to know about DBT - when / where did this come out on vinyl, exactly?

Eyes Like Glue is kind of vulnerable. Cooley doesn't usually do vulnerable.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:
jimmyjack wrote:The trouble with "Eyes Like Glue" is it's atypically maudlin and earnest for Cooley - turgid, even. I appreciate the sentiment,and I don't think it's a bad song - on the contrary, it's sorta sweet - but I rely on Cooley to deliver the 'zinger' sorta lines, lines that me me laugh out loud, ore rewind back and say "did he just say what I thought he said?," etc - and there aren't any lyrics like that on that tune. It sounds resigned, tired...

I know "Strutter" is a Kiss song, and I also thought I knew everything there is to know about DBT - when / where did this come out on vinyl, exactly?

Eyes Like Glue is kind of vulnerable. Cooley doesn't usually do vulnerable.

Eyes Like Glue is kind of mediocre. Cooley doesn't usually do mediocre.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

beantownbubba wrote:Eyes Like Glue is kind of mediocre. Cooley doesn't usually do mediocre.

Disagre- maybe it was the timing of it, with the recent birth of my first son and all, but I love it and don't see anything mediocre about it. Worked fine in the sequencing for me, too.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smitty wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Eyes Like Glue is kind of mediocre. Cooley doesn't usually do mediocre.

Disagre- maybe it was the timing of it, with the recent birth of my first son and all, but I love it and don't see anything mediocre about it. Worked fine in the sequencing for me, too.

It was only a matter of "who", not "if", lol. I didn't expect to escape unscathed for that one. Yes, I'm sure the personal connection made a difference for you, Smitty, that makes total sense. And it's not like it's a bad song, imo it's just not up to the very high standards of much of the rest of Cooley's output.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Strutter is one of the greatest things ever. Everyone should find a copy ASAP.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Yes, want to!! Where?? Kinda hate that my DBT collection is suddenly incomplete!!!

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

jimmyjack wrote:Yes, want to!! Where?? Kinda hate that my DBT collection is suddenly incomplete!!!

yea, i'm in the same boat, if anyone has it, i'd appreciate it! i saw them do it in charlotte & myrtle beach during the fine print shows...they rock it well. my boss is a huge kiss fan & he noticed i was singing it around the office during the weeks around those shows....
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

This probably isn't much help, but pretty sure you can still get it as a Bonus Track when/if you download TBTD from iTunes.....but only if you buy the whole album, and surely anyone on TDD already has it in some format or another.