Athens January 13, 14 & 15 2011

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mizarkga

Re: Athens January 13, 14 & 15 2011

Post by mizarkga »

Thanks Bovine. Anyone else with any extra tickets for Saturday would be a huge help to us.

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

I MIGHT have an extra for all three nights. Check this thread towards the end of the coming weekend for the final word on that.

mizarkga

Post by mizarkga »

Will do! Many thanks.

Dice

Post by Dice »

mizarkga wrote:Alright, I have got to be the asshole that asks if anyone has an extra tickets for Saturday night. Actually, I have two friends (Truckers rookies but future converts) that waited too late to get them. Anyone have any? Anyone in the know know whether might be a few more released?

Thanks in advance!

I've got two extra for Saturday. I planned on going but I can't miss a home playoff game for the Falcons. Even when my team does well I still get dissapointed. Send me an email and we can work out the details. I just want face and whatever the convenience fees were. Junnat00@yahoo.com

mizarkga

Post by mizarkga »

Hell yeah.

THANK YOU

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm starting to get that tight chest, shallow breathing, pulse pounding, skin-tingling, ear-to-ear grinning, hard-to-pay-attention-at-work, laying out the clothes, gassing up the car, warm & fuzzy all over, fixing to get a face-melted at the rawk show feeling...

is it just me????
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm starting to get that tight chest, shallow breathing, pulse pounding, skin-tingling, ear-to-ear grinning, hard-to-pay-attention-at-work, laying out the clothes, gassing up the car, warm & fuzzy all over, fixing to get a face-melted at the rawk show feeling...

is it just me????

Nope you are not alone, child!!!!!! :D
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

WHO IS ONLINE
Users browsing this forum: ariedl, Clams, Flying Rabbit, Indian Rider Oz, Lone Wolf1, Lurleen McQueen, Maluca3 and 4 guests

At 9:18 a.m. on a workday. C'Mon people - isn't anybody really working right now? There should be a study about how productivity at work falls drastically during the week before Athens. :roll:
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:
WHO IS ONLINE
Users browsing this forum: ariedl, Clams, Flying Rabbit, Indian Rider Oz, Lone Wolf1, Lurleen McQueen, Maluca3 and 4 guests

At 9:18 a.m. on a workday. C'Mon people - isn't anybody really working right now? There should be a study about how productivity at work falls drastically during the week before Athens. :roll:

True. So true.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

njMark

Post by njMark »

mizarkga wrote:Thanks Bovine. Anyone else with any extra tickets for Saturday would be a huge help to us.

Hey, i know for sure i have an extra ticket for saturday, how would i get it to you though? i bought em online and dont have them in hand. let me know if u need it.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Does anyone else look forward to the trip to the Athens shows almost as much as the shows themselves. Living in NJ where most of the roadside scenery consists of either stripmalls or industries the views down south are a nice refresher. I love the giant Peach shaped water tower.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

njMark wrote:Does anyone else look forward to the trip to the Athens shows almost as much as the shows themselves. Living in NJ where most of the roadside scenery consists of either stripmalls or industries the views down south are a nice refresher. I love the giant Peach shaped water tower.

The Peach Butt in lovely Gaffney, SC.

Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

njMark

Post by njMark »

never going back wrote:
njMark wrote:Does anyone else look forward to the trip to the Athens shows almost as much as the shows themselves. Living in NJ where most of the roadside scenery consists of either stripmalls or industries the views down south are a nice refresher. I love the giant Peach shaped water tower.

The Peach Butt in lovely Gaffney, SC.

Thats it! As i sit here and type this at my local coffee shop, I look up and see a painting of Bruce Springsteen. I guess its not all bad here in the old Garden State.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

njMark wrote: As i sit here and type this at my local coffee shop, I look up and see a painting of Bruce Springsteen.

If it's the velvet one from "Local Hero" you'll have made my day :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Now we are officially within the 10 day forecast on weather.com, looks to be pretty normal at this point.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

I'm not ready.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

traventureman

Post by traventureman »

Hi Everyone,

I bought tickets for all 3 nights at the 40 Watt and I'm driving down from Bowling Green, OH. I couldn't convince any of my friends to come along (lame) so I'm looking for someones couch to surf on. I'm actually on Couch Surfer and I've requested a few people, but I'm new to it and I haven't had any responses yet. Any DBT fans living in Athens that would be willing to let a fellow fan crash at their pad. I'm clean and respectful, I love DBT and I like to have fun. And if you're busy during the day, I'll be hanging out in Downtown Athens anyway so I'll be out of your hair. My name is John Jurko and you can google me and look me up on couch surfer to make sure I'm a real person :). Can't wait to come to Athens, GA and see DBT! Please let me know if you have a couch open :)

Thanks,
John

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Solidifying my itinerary. I'm leaving D.C. area around 6:00 am Thursday. Have room in the Slipmobile for 2-3 more (anyone coming from further North that wants to carpool from that point is welcome). Hope to get to Athens in 8-10 hours. Have a real good time for 3 days. Come home Sunday.
That about covers it.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Slipkid42 wrote:Solidifying my itinerary. I'm leaving D.C. area around 6:00 am Thursday. Have room in the Slipmobile for 2-3 more (anyone coming from further North that wants to carpool from that point is welcome). Hope to get to Athens in 8-10 hours. Have a real good time for 3 days. Come home Sunday.
That about covers it.

Looking forward to meeting you.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Slipkid42 wrote:Solidifying my itinerary. I'm leaving D.C. area around 6:00 am Thursday. Have room in the Slipmobile for 2-3 more (anyone coming from further North that wants to carpool from that point is welcome). Hope to get to Athens in 8-10 hours. Have a real good time for 3 days. Come home Sunday.
That about covers it.

Looks to me like you need to loosen up the schedule a bit, try not to over plan too much... :)
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

GW in IA wrote:
That about covers it.

Looks to me like you need to loosen up the schedule a bit, try not to over plan too much... :)

Right. What if an unexpected gun battle with the authorities occurs or that visit to the bird sanctuary runs a trifle long? Chaos could ensue.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

drtpants wrote:
GW in IA wrote:
That about covers it.

Right. What if an unexpected gun battle with the authorities occurs or that visit to the bird sanctuary runs a trifle long? Chaos could ensue.

I was considering the Botanical Gardens, but not sure if I can wedge it in (I try to keep the details fluid). As far as the authorities go; I can picture me face down in the gutter w/some Buford stick pokin' my ribs, w/out stretchin' my imagination too far.

TC - you are way way high on my must-meet list as well.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

p.s. that was my 1st ever triple box-in-box quote

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Looking forward to seeing you again Drt.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Slipkid42 wrote:p.s. that was my 1st ever triple box-in-box quote

Kudos!

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

GW in IA wrote:Looking forward to seeing you again Drt.

Well, we'll soon fix that. :lol:

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

I'm soooo ready.
NSFW

doublemint twins

Post by doublemint twins »

You bet your ass!!!

beantownbubba