DBT and Yo Gabba Gabba Oct 23rd

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mhc

DBT and Yo Gabba Gabba Oct 23rd

Post by mhc »

Saw this on Facebook. Performing at the Fox Theater in Atlanta along with Zac Brown Band.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

mhc

Re: DBT and Yo Gabba Gabba Oct 23rd

Post by mhc »

–Drive-By Truckers will join DJ Lance Rock and the rest of the Gabba Gang at the Fox Theatre as Atlanta’s Super Music Friend segment of Ki...a Motors Presents YO GABBA GABBA! LIVE: THERES A PARTY IN MY CITY! live shows on Saturday, October 23. Zac Brown will join the cast as the Super Music Friend the following day on Sunday, October 24. Other special guests include a surprise Dancey Dance guest, and Hip-Hop legend Biz Markie who will also join the party showing kids how to beat box with “Biz’s Beat of the Day.”
Clams

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

I'm so excited for this. I love when bands do things you wouldn't expect them to, and this certainly shows how beloved DBT is amongst all age groups! Figuring out how I'm going to wrangle all the kids who want to go with me is rough, though.
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

RustyGoKart

Post by RustyGoKart »

At almost $50 a ticket after fees, I'm not gonna be wrangling many kids. Probably just mine.

mhc

Post by mhc »

My 5 month old daughter is crazy about this Yo Gabba Gabba. She loves the songs. Blows my mind.we have to watch this show every night on Nick Jr.
Clams

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

So what song will DBT choose to play for the kiddies???
Daddy Needs a Drink?
Tales Facing Up?

They had better play it safe and go with "Big Horse-Little Pony."

:lol:

I hope all of their kids get to go. Can you imagine if you Dad had been invited to play with Mr. Moose and Mr. Greenjeans on Captain Kangaroo - damn!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Clams

Post by Clams »

I guess my kids are growing up because I have no idea who/what the fuck Yo Gabba Gabba is. I will admit to attending a Wiggles concert back in 2005. Had great seats, too.
If you don't run you rust

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote:I guess my kids are growing up because I have no idea who/what the fuck Yo Gabba Gabba is. I will admit to attending a Wiggles concert back in 2005. Had great seats, too.

Yo Gabba Gabba was created by ex members of Devo and features a lot of hipster bands and general acid-based psychedelia
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

mhc wrote:My 5 month old daughter is crazy about this Yo Gabba Gabba. She loves the songs. Blows my mind.we have to watch this show every night on Nick Jr.

So is my 9 month old nephew. LOVES it. My brother says out of all the stuff he was to watch with his son, it's his own personal favorite kids show...lol. Another friend of mine with 2 boys (both under 5) loves it as well. I have no kids, but I'm thinking I'm missing something. :)

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Cooley absolutely loves Yo Gabba Gabba (watching it right now)
Its my favorite of his shows (beats the shit outta Dora & The Upside Down Show) & features some cool music, I love Mark Kozelek's (Sun Kil Moon, Red House Painters) "Bedtime Lullaby" on there.

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Sheriff Blalock

Post by Sheriff Blalock »

"Bedtime Lullaby" is great. The first time I heard it was during my "bad dad" routine, when the boy would wake up too damn early, and I'd plop him in front of the tv and let him watch. I fell back asleep, so the song was pretty surreal.

I'd like to know what they're going to play. I have a kid friendly DBT cd in the car, but it's only got about 10 songs.

colodogdoc

Post by colodogdoc »

Anybody going to this? So funny - I have some friends in ATL whose 4 year-old apparently loves this show. They absolutely HATE DBT - we argue about it constantly. He's a big music fan, goes on JamCruise and worships Wilco but says DBT is too "loud and twangy". When TBTD came out I made him a copy and sent it along with the liner notes to him, asked him to give them one more chance. About 2 months later I got an envelope back in the mail with the liner notes, shredded. His idea of a joke. Bastard. So now, not only does he have to spend a Saturday taking his kid to Yo Gabba Gabba, he has to listen to DBT! Ha! :lol:

Any thoughts on what they might play? I just can't come up with any songs that would be, ahem, age-appropriate for the audience. Wonder if they will forgo the handle of Jack onstage for this one? Can't wait to hear the details!
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

My money is on 'Everybody Needs Love'

RustyGoKart

Post by RustyGoKart »

I noticed the band scheduled to play the Variety Playhouse has cancelled their show scheduled for tomorrow, so I suppose that is an open venue. How hard do I have to wish for an impromptu DBT show to materialize there?

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

They played I Do Believe. I didn't realize they had played this live yet but was hipped to this version on archive. Great song.

http://www.archive.org/details/DBT2010-09-29

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

mhc

Post by mhc »

Was this the only song they did??
Clams

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

mhc

Post by mhc »

The Avon Lady wrote:
mhc wrote:Was this the only song they did??

Yes they played it for the 2 and the 5 pm shows.

http://www.thebackstagebeat.com/2010/10/yougabbagabbarockedatlanta/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yougabbagabbarockedatlanta

Shame they didn't play "Party in my Tummy".
Clams