Louisville 10/8 Roll Call

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Louisville 10/8 Roll Call

Post by rlipps »

Who all is in for the Louisville show next Friday? Me and a friend will be there in the Pit and we still have one extra for sale, had someone back out after we'd ordered tickets. Ticket is in Pit, Row C. Only want face value for it ($29.00). Hope to see a bunch of you guys there.

As for setlist wishes, have given up on ever hearing Cooley do Pulaski, TN or Three on the Tree, but would settle for 72, haven't heard it in a while. Also love to see them do Rebels and/or George Jones Talkin' Cell Phone Blues.

DeadDrunk&Naked

Re: Louisville 10/8 Roll Call

Post by DeadDrunk&Naked »

I'm thinkin about makin the drive down from Columbus...never been to that venue, dunno how I feel about being confined to my seat at a truckers show..
my shits fucked up

moon&mascara

Post by moon&mascara »

I will be there. Also in the pit area. And way too excited than an over 40-yr-old should be for. I've been counting down for months.

mhc

Post by mhc »

I am not making it Rodney, going out of town this weekend and I opted out because I am seeing Ryan Bingham on the 22nd. Rock it out for me Rodney.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

thehighlands4ever

Post by thehighlands4ever »

I will be there with 2 friends. I have 1 extra ticket for the show. It is center section in the first 10 rows. Great seat. If anyone needs one, let me know. See you all at the show. blackmaxart@hotmail.com

DeadDrunk&Naked

Trying to make this a 4 day run...I've never been to Brown Theatre, reserved seating im guessing..what are your guys thoughts on it?
my shits fucked up

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Saw them once before at the Brown and the sound was excellent and nobody up front around us was sitting, so I expect more of the same tonight. If anyone needs a ticket, I still have one extra for the Pit, Row C. Just want my money back, $29.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Just got home from the show, here's the setlist. Pictures and review after I get some sleep.

Drag the Lake Charlie
Get Downtown
(It's Gonna Be) I Told You So
The 4th Night of My Drinking
Where the Devil Don't Stay
The Deeper In (Patterson on an 8-string Kay acoustic)
Panties in Your Purse
The Living Bubba
Ghost to Most
Santa Fe
Women Without Whiskey
Feb 14
Marry Me
Ronnie & Neil
Birthday Boy
Life in the Factory
72 (This Highway's Mean)
This Fucking Job
Gravity's Gone
Hell No I Ain't Happy

Encore Break:
Everybody Needs Love
3 Dimes Down
Let There Be Rock
Buttholeville/State Trooper

Neff was on pedal steel from The Deeper In through Feb 14 and he also played it on a few more throughout the night

danger8504

Post by danger8504 »

Killer set list. Did a three day run, should have done one more show. Deeper In and the bubba...
\m/

DeadDrunk&Naked

Right you are Danger...you are my good luck charm, and it was proven last night.
my shits fucked up

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Here are some pics from last night. I forgot to charge my camera battery yesterday before the show, so it died not long after they started and I had to switch to my iPhone camera. If anyone is interested, the rest can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 643a59a3b6

davec53

Post by davec53 »

just an amazing show...we were right up front, at cooley's feet...just enjoyed it so much i could hardly stand myself.

i didn't notice for sure, but did anyone see any tapers at the show?

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

This is pretty sweet.

moon&mascara

Post by moon&mascara »

I listened to this show live on the radio at work. I think I sent a friend the following email when this song came on: "Acoustic Carl Perkins. Nothing could make me happier at this moment in time." And that's exactly what I'm thinking now. Thanks for posting. Concert that night was fun, too. Wish I could go back and do it again. I swear I'd appreciate it even more the second time around. ;-)