Southern Rock Opera Redux

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Southern Rock Opera Redux

Post by chuckrh »

Hopefully they'll forgo opening acts this tour & give us 2 nice, full sets a show. (+ encores!)

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Based on, well, life, and scheduling, it'll only be NYC at Irving Plaza for me. DC would be normally do-able, but with NYC the next day, AND Richard Thompson (three blocks from home at Town Hall) the day after Irving Plaza, nothing else is feasible.

Also do NOT like the "ticket request" bingo. Have not gotten the VIP package, may change my mind.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

glennrwordman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:10 am
Also do NOT like the "ticket request" bingo.
Speaking of which, ticketmaster willing, my itinerary is set:

SF
NYC
Boston
Chicago

Really wish I could do all of the ones on my first cut list, but reality had to intrude at some point, and did.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I kinda suspect the "lottery" think may be miscommunication. The three i got all specify the exact seat (2) or GA Pit (1). When i was buying them I picked the specific seats and some were already sold, and more sold as I was selecting. I'm 99.9% sure if it went through you have tickets.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tyler wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:28 pm
I kinda suspect the "lottery" think may be miscommunication. The three i got all specify the exact seat (2) or GA Pit (1). When i was buying them I picked the specific seats and some were already sold, and more sold as I was selecting. I'm 99.9% sure if it went through you have tickets.
With a low degree of confidence I'm gonna say that you bought VIP tickets.

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:44 pm
glennrwordman wrote:
Also do NOT like the "ticket request" bingo.
Speaking of which, ticketmaster willing, my itinerary is set:

SF
NYC
Boston
Chicago

Really wish I could do all of the ones on my first cut list, but reality had to intrude at some point, and did.
Oh, no love for us little people in Asheville?
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:16 pm
Oh, no love for us little people in Asheville?
beantownbubba wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:44 pm
Really wish I could do all of the ones on my first cut list
November's a long way off so anything can still happen, but return from Chicago Sunday then leave for Asheville Wed or Thurs is just not a likely scenario. I will miss you.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

glennrwordman wrote:

Also do NOT like the "ticket request" bingo. Have not gotten the VIP package, may change my mind.
The only way the “request” system would make a difference would be if they are expecting significantly more demand for tickets than there is supply. Given that they’re playing pretty standard venues for DBT, I don’t really have a reason to think that’s the case. But don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled if this turns out to be one of the hot concert tickets of the summer.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:37 am
glennrwordman wrote:

The only way the “request” system would make a difference would be if they are expecting significantly more demand for tickets than there is supply. Given that they’re playing pretty standard venues for DBT, I don’t really have a reason to think that’s the case. But don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled if this turns out to be one of the hot concert tickets of the summer.
Agreed. It just felt so… unnecessary to me.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
glennrwordman wrote:

Exactly. And yes, I hope the band sells out every date... so long as all my friends and I get all the tix we want LOL.

But the question is do they know something about demand that we don't? 'Cause it actually makes a difference: Having ordered tix for multiple dates, I then had to rank them in order of priority. WTF??!! So now we have to add a level of gamesmanshsip to an already opaque process. Should I prioritize both nights of 2 nite travel dates (on the theory that 1 nite might not be worth the trip) or should I assume that if I get one, I'll figure out the other some way? Should I try to figure out which venues are likely to have the most/least demand and prioritize accordingly? I'm trying to spend a boatload of money if only they'd just let me.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
glennrwordman wrote:

The Austin venue is almost twice as big as the one they played last year, which wasn’t sold out.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Just got an email from Ticketbastard saying that I got tickets for the Seattle show using the request system.

TDB

Post by TDB »

I'm in for New Orleans, Denver, and Philly.
Still might do the Atlanta show in Nov.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Hmmm… I got confirms on all my ticket requests EXCEPT Boston which was my first priority. Fingers still crossed but I guess it wouldn’t be TM without some extra aggravation.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:21 pm
Hmmm… I got confirms on all my ticket requests EXCEPT Boston which was my first priority. Fingers still crossed but I guess it wouldn’t be TM without some extra aggravation.
Maybe you'll have to go the deluxe route for Boston. You are a VIP after all.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:31 pm
Maybe you'll have to go the deluxe route for Boston. You are a VIP after all.
Well, I don't know about my status but I had already bought 4 VIP tix. I was waiting for the 4 "regular" ones (let's not get into the VIP being GA standind and the regular ones being specific seats, it makes my head hurt) and TM made me sweat it out for exactly 2 hours before confirming that, phew!, I got all the tix I requested.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

More mysterious communication from ticketmaster: In an email confirming that I got the tix I requested, they said that tickets go on sale on March 29, which I guess is the "regular" on-sale. I do not know if this means that if you didn't get the tickets you requested you can try again on Friday or that the only tickets that will go on sale are those left after all pre-sale requests have been filled, meaning that if your request wasn't honored that show is sold out. I also don't know if anybody here didn't get the tix they requested but I put this out there in case anybody might benefit from a second chance at tickets.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:48 am
More mysterious communication from ticketmaster: In an email confirming that I got the tix I requested, they said that tickets go on sale on March 29, which I guess is the "regular" on-sale. I do not know if this means that if you didn't get the tickets you requested you can try again on Friday or that the only tickets that will go on sale are those left after all pre-sale requests have been filled, meaning that if your request wasn't honored that show is sold out. I also don't know if anybody here didn't get the tix they requested but I put this out there in case anybody might benefit from a second chance at tickets.
It’s a very LONG song!

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Ticket request didn’t work out, guess it’s the general on-sale for me.

Disappointing, but on the bright side hopefully that means there’s plenty of early interest in the shows.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Whole buncha Midwest shows when I’m balls deep in harvest. Hope it rains and I can still find tix

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:49 pm
Ticket request didn’t work out, guess it’s the general on-sale for me.

Disappointing, but on the bright side hopefully that means there’s plenty of early interest in the shows.
Damn. Good luck!

ford911

Post by ford911 »

has anyone received the email to actually claim the tix yet?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

ford911 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:36 pm
Yes. It's all online & should be in your ticketmaster account if you got the tickets.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ford911 wrote:
I have received a never ending cascade of emails from TM most of which are highly redundant. But the last set, received this afternoon, lists a 4 step procedure to actually access the tickets. As chuck said, they'll actually show up in your TM account.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water. I just got an email from LiveNation announcing a presale at 10AM local time tomorrow. The code word is: KEY. Hopefully that will help some of y'all.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:15 pm
ford911 wrote:
I have received a never ending cascade of emails from TM most of which are highly redundant. But the last set, received this afternoon, lists a 4 step procedure to actually access the tickets. As chuck said, they'll actually show up in your TM account.
Maybe it’s different for different cities. This is what I got back from them:

Thank you for reaching out and we understand you're asking about your tickets. These tickets have yet to be released at this time. If you haven't received the email to claim your tickets within two weeks, please follow up with us for further assistance.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I assume they are going to play Rob's songs from the album, but who do you think will sing them? I've seen Patterson do Wallace (because he wrote it), but has anyone else seen them perform Cassie's Brother (and do you think we will get a Kelly Hogan cameo?) or Moved?

Do you think Jay would take over?

Frank

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Frank wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:59 pm
I assume they are going to play Rob's songs from the album, but who do you think will sing them? I've seen Patterson do Wallace (because he wrote it), but has anyone else seen them perform Cassie's Brother (and do you think we will get a Kelly Hogan cameo?) or Moved?

Do you think Jay would take over?

Frank
According to the big man, no Moved or Cassie's Brother. Wallace they have recently played and will be included.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:52 pm

But the question is do they know something about demand that we don't?
There definitely seems to be some marketing budget behind these shows. Or so the nonstop barrage of Instagram ads would lead me to believe.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

They shouldn't be advertising "full album" if they're not including "Moved" or "Cassie's Brother." Just sayin'...