HeAthens Homecoming 3/29-4/1 2023

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: HeAthens Homecoming 3/29-4/1 2023

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah, I thought it was a very good piece and definitely worth the little bit extra to obtain it. All 3 quoted S/HeAthens acquitted themselves well. If glennwordman's first quote was extemporaneous, he has missed his calling. I would have thought that worldwide bill and his 400 shows would be worth a paragraph long digression (or maybe a sidebar) but I'm glad he got the mention he did.

BTW, the Nick Drake article was a little strange (and why not? It's about Nick Drake after all) but I thought it was worth reading. Working my way slowly through the rest.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 5:58 pm
Yeah, I thought it was a very good piece and definitely worth the little bit extra to obtain it. All 3 quoted S/HeAthens acquitted themselves well. If glennwordman's first quote was extemporaneous, he has missed his calling.
Thank you. Funny story, that. Stephen and I went out to Farm Cart for breakfast I think on Friday morning, and just in conversation, he asked me about the HHC ethos. And I just...came out with that. He said "Oh, man, I wish I recorded that!" I replied, "I will TRY and remember it for when you do!

Happily, two days later I did, pretty much word for word. As you might imagine I spend a LOT of time thinking about this "thing of ours".

He did the community real justice.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So I finally found a copy of the magazine while on my summer adventures across multiple states. The article is well-written and really does describe the spirit that is Heathens Homecoming.

On the way home from the beach I drove by the Athens exit and really wanted to drive into town, but the family had been on the road for weeks and wasn’t into the idea.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Could someone copy/paste the Uncut article, or maybe share an image of them?
Or is that taboo?
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

WarHenRecords wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:10 pm
Could someone copy/paste the Uncut article, or maybe share an image of them?
Or is that taboo?
Yeah, that's taboo.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Figured, no problem.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords