Cooley Solo Tour

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Cooley Solo Tour

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Nov 30, 2017 Atlanta, GA City Winery Atlanta
Dec 1, 2017 Birmingham, AL Saturn
Dec 2, 2017 Pensacola, FL Pensacola State College
Dec 6, 2017 San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall
Dec 7, 2017 Mill Valley, CA Sweetwater Music Hall
Dec 8, 2017 Los Angeles, CA Moroccan Lounge
Dec 9, 2017 Los Angeles, CA Moroccan Lounge

So it turns out I AM A FUCKIN GIDIOT! That show the fifteenth in Huntsville? That was LAST YEAR'S SHOW!

After the debacle from trying to see him last year--you know it had to be a sorry situation if I didn't tell the story on myself, though it was sorry on my own account and everyone else involved was sweet as pie--I'm thrilled to see I just might make two of these shows.
Last edited by John A Arkansawyer on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Re: Cooley Solo Tour

Post by pearlbeer »

Dammit. Cooley sold out the Cactus Cafe for two nights here in Austin last year. Was looking forward to a return. :cry:
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We're trying for Birmingham but with Patterson's show there two weeks later it will be tough to do both. Lurleen has never seen Cooley solo though so worse comes to worse I'll send her on her own.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Direwolfpdx

Post by Direwolfpdx »

Is Cooley flying up to Portland to make Hood’s 12/10 solo show a Dimmer Twins show too much wishful thinking? :D

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

pearlbeer wrote:Dammit. Cooley sold out the Cactus Cafe for two nights here in Austin last year. Was looking forward to a return. :cry:
There are a whole bunch of shows scheduled earlier than this new batch was on Cooley's Facebook page, except they are LAST YERAS SHOWS AND I AM A DUMBASS WHO CAN'T READ OR DO DATE ARITHMETIC. Fuck me running.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

I'm in for Atlanta

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

IN for Birmingham.

Just bought my ticket and noticed that today is the first day of autumn. Popcorn, heavy hairspray, nylon pantyhose
Let the outside air in

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

He added Athens on November 29 at the Foundry.
https://public.ticketbiscuit.com/Meltin ... nts/320829
A girl as plain as a primer coat

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Great avatar pic, blueridgehiker. Where is that? After waiting out summer, I'm ready to get back in the woods.

/threadjack
Let the outside air in

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

schlanky wrote:Great avatar pic, blueridgehiker. Where is that? After waiting out summer, I'm ready to get back in the woods.

/threadjack
Thanks! It's the Hangover in the Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock Wilderness. Definitely the best 360 view in western North Carolina. Ready for it to cool down here for some good fall hiking.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

blueridgehiker wrote:
Thanks! It's the Hangover in the Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock Wilderness. Definitely the best 360 view in western North Carolina. Ready for it to cool down here for some good fall hiking.
Cool! I did a two-nighter at Kilmer several years ago and took a long break at the Hangover. There is some steep walking in that area.
Let the outside air in

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

schlanky wrote:
blueridgehiker wrote:
Cool! I did a two-nighter at Kilmer several years ago and took a long break at the Hangover. There is some steep walking in that area.
damn, I haven't been out that way since early 1991. Amazing country out that way
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
schlanky wrote:
blueridgehiker wrote:
damn, I haven't been out that way since early 1991. Amazing country out that way
The crowds seems to drop off once you get southeast of the park and it's an amazing place to have to yourself. We did the hangover as part of an overnight last July. 85 degrees and humid as hell, hauling up that incline. Totally worth it, though.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Two shows in the bay area? Yes please, and thank you very much.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.